Blackview User Forum

blackview_admin
Topic Author

BV5100Pro scanning description

Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:27 am

Description of the BV5100Pro scanning head
Find the Scan menu on the desktop, or scan the QR code and barcode through the shortcut keys. 
After scanning, you can query in Scan. 
The apk scanned can only view the code but not the content of the code. 
Cannot use other three-party apk to scan.

If you have any questions please contact the after-sale department directly: support02@blackview.hk.

alangiu

Re: BV5100Pro scanning description

Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:49 pm

Hi, thanks for your explanation. However, I think that the main problem that many people are having with the Barcode scanner is that it should scan the barcode like a keyboard input. For example, if I'm writing an SMS, I may want to scan a barcode and send the code through SMS, or for example read the barcode into my application or website.

Similar devices from other companies work like this, and I (and many other people in this forum) think that it should work like this.

So, this is not a "customization" we are asking for the device, but rather a normal feature that a device with a barcode scanner should have.

blackview_admin
Topic Author

Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:43 am

alangiu wrote:
Hi, thanks for your explanation. However, I think that the main problem that many people are having with the Barcode scanner is that it should scan the barcode like a keyboard input. For example, if I'm writing an SMS, I may want to scan a barcode and send the code through SMS, or for example read the barcode into my application or website.

Similar devices from other companies work like this, and I (and many other people in this forum) think that it should work like this.

So, this is not a "customization" we are asking for the device, but rather a normal feature that a device with a barcode scanner should have.

Hello, thank you for your feedback.

alangiu

Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:34 pm

blackview_admin wrote:
alangiu wrote:

Hello, thank you for your feedback.

What we need is a Wedge application, which stays in background and sends the readed barcode as "Key strokes". This blog post explains the main idea: https://darryncampbellblog.wordpress.com/2016/08/16/writing-enterprise-android-applications-that-capture-barcode-data-and-run-on-multiple-devices/

okiSam

Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:36 pm

As currently programmed the scanner offers no value to the phone, and if we had known the limited functionality of the scanner we would not have purchased 4 of these devices, and until this scanner functions the way it should we will not be purchasing more devices, or recommending the phone to anyone.

If the scanner cannot send the results of the scan directly as input to any app running on the phone it is useless.  I don't know of any enterprise situation where someone would want to scan a barcode and not have it act as input to another app.

Stasenkef

Как создать новую тему bbs.blackview.hk ??

Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:35 pm

Есть кто из модераторов, так как не могу ответить в новую тему?
Что я делаю не так?
Прошу подсказать.
Спасибо.

blackview_admin
Topic Author

Re: Как создать новую тему bbs.blackview.hk ??

Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:56 am

Stasenkef wrote:
Есть кто из модераторов, так как не могу ответить в новую тему?  
Что я делаю не так?  
Прошу подсказать.  
Спасибо.

Hello, what can I do for you?