Blackview User Forum

tschancellor
Topic Author

switch between User-accounts

Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:33 am

Hello! =)

I need some help. Maybe i fail to see something.

I want to use the Tab8 as a shared device in my family. So it is necessary to have more than one user-account. I know where i cant set up additional user, but the problem is: I haven't found a way to switch between the user-accounts?! If i am in "Settings>>System>>Advanced>>Multi-User", i can add some new user, but also in this dialog i can't switch to an other user-account exept "guest".
And if i am in the user-profile "guest" i can't change back in an other user-account. Only a restart of the device will load the admin-account again. (Other user-accounts are secured with pattern, or pin number - so the "guest" can't log to any other accounts - but changing should work ---> like in other AndroidOS too.)

I don't find a switch button in pull-down menu of the notification bar, too (like in other AndroidOS)

So maybe i make a mistake?
Do you have some ideas?

Greetz =)

tschancellor
Topic Author

Re: switch between User-accounts

Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:14 pm

blackview_admin wrote:
tschancellor wrote:
Hello! =)

I want to use the Tab8 as a shared device in my family. So it is necessary to have more than one user-account. I know where i cant set up additional user, but the problem is: I haven't found a way to switch between the user-accounts?! If i am in "Settings>>System>>Advanced>>Multi-User", i can add some new user, but also in this dialog i can't switch to an other user-account exept "guest".
And if i am in the user-profile "guest" i can't change back in an other user-account. Only a restart of the device will load the admin-account again. (Other user-accounts are secured with pattern, or pin number - so the "guest" can't log to any other accounts - but changing should work ---> like in other AndroidOS too.)

I don't find a switch button in pull-down menu of the notification bar, too (like in other AndroidOS)

Do you have some ideas?

Greetz =)

The switch is in the settings to add multiple users

Hello! =)
Sorry, but no....there is no button. I only can switch to the guest-account (in the settings where i can add user), but i can't switch in any other account except "guest". If i am in guest-account i can't switch back in my admin or in any other account. Only a device-restart brings the admin-account back.
And there is no way to log-in to an other account except "guest". The other accounts are blue or grey in the settings where i can add user or (your words) change the user. If i press to the other user --> nothing happen.

in short:
User1 (admin), User2 (normal user), Guest (i try to switch with pressing on UserX or Guest in "add-user-settings-section")
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
User1 --> User2  --> nothing
User1 --> Guest --> change is working
Guest --> User1 or User2 --> nothing
Guest --> User1 --> change is only working with device restart
User2 --> User1 or Guest --> don't know, because i can't log-in in User2

Thanks in advance and for your efforts!
Greetz =)

Kata25

Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:41 am

hello, I do have a similar problem. I cannot find the switch between user accounts. Thanks. Kata

blackview_admin

Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:12 am

Kata25 wrote:
hello, I do have a similar problem. I cannot find the switch between user accounts. Thanks. Kata

PaleoLady wrote wrote:
MyFLIR will not work after updating my BV9900 Pro to Android 10. Where can I get the APK for that? I ran the "*#87#" test and the camera works. The software/APK is loading, gets a black screen, then just stops working. I also bought the phone for the FLIR capabilities. Please help!

Settings-System-Multi-user

tschancellor
Topic Author

Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:49 pm

blackview_admin wrote:
Kata25 wrote:

PaleoLady wrote wrote:
MyFLIR will not work after updating my BV9900 Pro to Android 10. Where can I get the APK for that? I ran the "*#87#" test and the camera works. The software/APK is loading, gets a black screen, then just stops working. I also bought the phone for the FLIR capabilities. Please help!

Hello Admin!

The problem is not the switch to activate multi-user. The problem is, there is no switch/ possibility/ changing button/ etc. to change the user or changing the accounts. (switching between them)

And as i wrote....if i activate the multi-user....than it is not possible to change into an other user....i wrote the example obove.

Thanks very much for your efforts!

Greetz =)

krede99

Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:29 am

I wrote an email to support02@blackview.hk asking how to solve this.

I have been writing emails back and forth with a Julia - The answer is "not supported" :( 

jsab

Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:22 am

I ran into the same problem, this is a deal breaker :(

Casperia

Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:01 pm

blackview_admin wrote:
tschancellor wrote:
Hello! =)

Do you have some ideas?

Greetz =)

The switch is in the settings to add multiple users

No it isn't in the settings

Casperia

Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:14 pm

tschancellor wrote:
blackview_admin wrote:
Kata25 wrote:

PaleoLady wrote wrote:

Hello Admin!

The problem is not the switch to activate multi-user. The problem is, there is no switch/ possibility/ changing button/ etc. to change the user or changing the accounts. (switching between them)

And as i wrote....if i activate the multi-user....than it is not possible to change into an other user....i wrote the example obove.

Thanks very much for your efforts!

Greetz =)

I have the same Problem. I also can not switch between Users. There's no Button to change in the Quick Menu and also not in the Setings. I can only switch to guest but not  back, only if i delete the Guest or i have to restart the tablet. But to another User i can't switch. But this function is really important for me because my little child need the tablet for Homeschooling.

Akohrt

Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:21 pm

Hi blackview Admin, die you read the historie of the chat? I have the same problem.