Blackview User Forum

MikeRotch
Topic Author

Bokeh camera function

Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:09 am

Hi,
The following link about this phone shows the bokeh camera function
https://store.blackview.hk/en/buy/bv9900pro
Since I do not have this option I would like to ask how can I enable it.

Thanks in advance

blackview_admin

Re: Bokeh camera function

Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:30 am

MikeRotch wrote:
Hi,
The following link about this phone shows the bokeh camera function
https://store.blackview.hk/en/buy/bv9900pro
Since I do not have this option I would like to ask how can I enable it.

Thanks in advance

When you use the camera, this function is automatically provided for you, no need to adjust by yourself。

GadgetBoy

Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:10 am

I think you misunderstood. There's no option to turn the bokeh filter on, seems like it's missing entirely - or there is insufficient instruction on how to use it.

GadgetBoy

Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:48 am

I think I understand what the problem is. "Bokeh" is used interchangeably for two different effects. One is the term for a filter that causes points of light to shine out of focus (and sometimes in shapes).

The other use of bokeh is when describing how with DSLR cameras you can cause the background to fall out of focus with clever lens tricks. This isn't possible on a phone camera, so it has to be simulated by using an image from a second camera to stimulate the lens trick.

I believe they're referring to the second user of bokeh when they say that the bokeh camera is built in.

Miron

Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:19 pm

Hi,

I purchased both mobile phones, BV9900 as well as BV9900 Pro. I can confirm, that the "Bokeh" mode is missing on BV9900 pro phone.
@Blackview: Please provide an update to enable this function (it should be possible as the BV9900 pro has a depth camera, at least this is claimed in the description).

Best Regards
Miron