Yes, I have this same issue, glad to hear more people are having trouble with this. I have found multiple posts indicating Android 9 itself might be the culprit.
Did some testing and tried reporting it (submit button not working) so sent it through mail to email@example.comBelow a summary of my form:[color=#222222][size=100]Software Version:
[/size][/color]Your Feedback:[color=#222222][size=100]Love this phone, but is has a very annoying issue which has impact on calls and primary function!
Two major symptoms:
- Using speaker, sound randomly dies after random period of use. Doesn't matter which app, no sound from speaker will work.
- Speaker is working for 1 second, sound "normalizes", then sound dies.
Switching apps, go back to video, sound plays very loud, gets normalized and dies in 1 second
I have tried the following:
- During call: enabled and disabled speaker
- Switching apps continously back and forth (1 second sound)
- Change all volume levels
- Enable and disable "Do not disturb"
- Enable and disable "Bluetooth"
- Enable and disable "Wireless"
- Enable and disable "Data"
- Enable and disable "Screen rotation"
- Left background apps open
- Killed all background apps
- Reinstalling apps
- Checked for updates, not available
- Rebooting phone
Results of testing:
- No solution found.
Sometimes sound gets back and stays very loud.
Sometimes sound keeps gone.
Sometimes sound works with stuttering intervals of a few seconds/minutes
- Using headphones for music or calls, no issues found
- When headphones unplugged and no sound, it doesn't show headphone plugged in
- Using earspeaker (top speaker) for calls, no issue found when (bottom) loudspeaker fails
- Also affects calls!
Place phone call, enable speaker.
Other end will hear me fine, but speaker doesn't make a sound. When switching to normal callspeaker no problem and I can hear other side. Back on (bottom) loudspeaker gives problems.
How to recreate:
- Play any sound content through speaker.
- Happens most often using Google Chrome or YouTube video (possibly due to being most used and thus noticed). When bug is live, no "music" sound can be produced.
- Will also happen randomly while using applications/games.
Seems like software issue, when switching application/forcing sound to restart it will often sound 1 second before killing sound.
== end of form summary ==