Blackview User Forum

 
Xtreme
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:43 pm

Re: Realy waterproof ?

Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:17 am

I think I have a solution for the speaker, which usually works for me to get the water out quickly. if the phone got wet and the speaker makes strange noise because it has water in it, which can last for a long time, try this: grab a towel, hold the speaker down, press gently on the back of the phone and hold. Now you see that water comes out of the speaker, use the towel to remove it, make sure that most of it is gone and release the back again.
 
ZeldaMaster501
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu May 14, 2020 6:31 pm

Re: Realy waterproof ?

Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:33 pm

blackview_admin wrote:
ZeldaMaster501 wrote:
Robylucche wrote:
Hello, the rear speaker of my Blackview 9800 Pro also presented a problem. washed with soap and water, then dried. When I went to hear the sound, it didn't come out clean, and it gurgled...., it seemed drowned! After a few hours, it resumed to work as well as before.... Now, however, I'm afraid to dip it back into the water... To you, how's it going now? Did this happen to you after it got wet

That seems to happen to mine as well.  It goes back to normal after I leave it sit on something that absorbs water - towel, paper towel, etc- with no lasting effects.  This should be perfectly normal for any speaker that enters the water and thus it's perfectly normal for this phone.

Hello, if you have any questions about that, please directly contact our professional after-sale department: support02@blackview.hk

I believe that you're mistaken..  I stated that the speaker sounding muffled is NORMAL for ANY speaker that has been submerged in water.  If the muffled-ness doesn't go away, place the phone in a bag of rice so the water can be absorbed.  If the speaker still continues to sound muffled, water has entered the speaker assembly...
 
nwdst
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:00 pm

Re: Realy waterproof ?

Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:16 pm

No phone...and I repeat no phone is waterproof.  Period.

That being said this phone is water resistant. If you don't like water entering your speakers, microphone, headphone jack and charger port then I suggest you place it in a waterproof enclosure knowing that if it gets a little wet then that is ok.

Every single phone or device ever conceived will break down their rubber gaskets and eventually flood with liquid.  Delay this by not using your phone naked unless as a last resort.  There are a lot of solutions out there.
 
sams
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:39 pm

Re: Realy waterproof ?

Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:09 pm

nwdst wrote:
No phone...and I repeat no phone is waterproof.  Period.

That being said this phone is water resistant. If you don't like water entering your speakers, microphone, headphone jack and charger port then I suggest you place it in a waterproof enclosure knowing that if it gets a little wet then that is ok.

Every single phone or device ever conceived will break down their rubber gaskets and eventually flood with liquid.  Delay this by not using your phone naked unless as a last resort.  There are a lot of solutions out there.

Yes it is. According to IEC-60529, in the condition defined by IP68 and IP69K  it does not allow water to go through.
It's the very definition of waterproof.
And yes it will eventually failed, like every other waterproof devices ........ but not in its lifespan! The battery will die and the OS will be obsolete long before that.
I use IP68 phones for years, in lakes, swimming pools, torrents and even bathtubs, with absolutely no protection and they never failed.
Wash it with clear water and soap, gently flush water in ports and apertures with air, never plug it when it's wet and you are good.
 
nwdst
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:00 pm

Re: Realy waterproof ?

Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:08 pm

sams wrote:
nwdst wrote:
No phone...and I repeat no phone is waterproof.  Period.

That being said this phone is water resistant. If you don't like water entering your speakers, microphone, headphone jack and charger port then I suggest you place it in a waterproof enclosure knowing that if it gets a little wet then that is ok.

Every single phone or device ever conceived will break down their rubber gaskets and eventually flood with liquid.  Delay this by not using your phone naked unless as a last resort.  There are a lot of solutions out there.

Yes it is. According to IEC-60529, in the condition defined by IP68 and IP69K  it does not allow water to go through.
It's the very definition of waterproof.
And yes it will eventually failed, like every other waterproof devices ........ but not in its lifespan! The battery will die and the OS will be obsolete long before that.
I use IP68 phones for years, in lakes, swimming pools, torrents and even bathtubs, with absolutely no protection and they never failed.
Wash it with clear water and soap, gently flush water in ports and apertures with air, never plug it when it's wet and you are good.

Nope.  Stop giving incorrect assumptions.  IP68 and IP69K only cover sprays in all directions, tested in a lab with clean water.  It does not cover pool chemicals or salt water.  Regardless it is just protection and that protection can fail over time.  That protection is water resistant for 30 minutes at 0.5 and 1.5 m depth respectively by the words of the standard.  Results may vary.
Swimming with any IP phone is not recommended unless you plan to replace your phone in the near future. A phone baggy thing costs only a few dollars and is well worth it.
https://www.trustedreviews.com/opinion/what-is-ip68-ip-ratings-explained-2947135#:~:text=Protection%20from%20sprays%20and%20splashing%20of%20water%20in%20all%20directions.&text=To%20recap%3A%20IP67%20means%20the,Both%20are%20resistant%20to%20dust.
 
sams
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:39 pm

Re: Realy waterproof ?

Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:45 pm

nwdst wrote:
Nope.  Stop giving incorrect assumptions.  IP68 and IP69K only cover sprays in all directions, tested in a lab with clean water.  It does not cover pool chemicals or salt water.  Regardless it is just protection and that protection can fail over time.  That protection is water resistant for 30 minutes at 0.5 and 1.5 m depth respectively by the words of the standard.  Results may vary.
Swimming with any IP phone is not recommended unless you plan to replace your phone in the near future. A phone baggy thing costs only a few dollars and is well worth it.

So it's a dick-measuring contest now apparently?
I make no assumption. I talk with knowledge and experiences. I'm a senior technician in electrical engineering and industrial computing, and a QA agent. I actually read IEC 60529. I have 4 rugged phones and I seriously abused 2 of them in real use.
You are just copy/pasting BS you found on the internet...

I will keep this as short and simple as possible. About the water tests:
IPX7 and IPX8 tests ARE done in immersion tanks.
IPX7 test is 30 min at 1 m (roughly, see section 14.2.7 of IEC 60529)
IPX8 tests are a bit tricky as it is an agreement between the manufacturer and the user (here 30 min @ 1.5 m) BUT it is only for the test. The IEC states that IPX8 enclosures must be designed to be continuously immersed in actual use.
IPX9 test is done with high pressure hot water. K means it is tested with steam too.
IPX8 implies IPX7 and lower certifications but IPX9 does NOT. That is the reason they always specify IPX8 and IPX9 separately.

As a side note, MIL-STD-810 without clarification is a joke as the manufacturer can chose whatever test they want. It includes tests from chemical resistance to gunfire :lol:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KevenEmix and 6 guests