Blackview User Forum

VADUS
Topic Author

Is there any thread for BL8800?

Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:21 pm

Couldn't find it. However, there is a bunch off questions about.

OLO_c

Re: Is there any thread for BL8800?

Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:29 pm

This forum is basically dead. Just check recent topics - 4 this year  :?

I own BL8800 for more than 2 months now and What I can say about it is that it's solid as a rock, heavy, with very good battery life (in my case it lasts for about 3 weeks, but I don't stare at the screen 10h/day like some people do). Charger is very fast.

There's a little bit of bloatware, but most of it can be uninstalled, and the rest - disabled.

50Mpix camera is a SCAM. It's ~12Mpix that is just upscaled to 50Mpix.
Overall picture quality is good.
IR camera works great

Proximity sensor doesn't work in a sunny, and even in a cloudy day - what this does is you will do all different things with your ear while making regular phone calls (turning on or off wifi, bt, changing display brightness, launching apps, etc.).

For some mysterious reason location must be turned on for some things to be able to connect. For example - smartwatch, wireless display, wifi printer. I can disable location after connecting to a device and it will work fine.

Fingerprint sensor works... most of the time.

For some reason there is no scheduler for turning the phone on and off. I had BV5000, BV7000PRO and this function was present.

VADUS
Topic Author

Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:32 pm

Thank you, I thought, that it is dead for old models, but it looks like dead for all models and there are no Blackview representatives around. I've received mine BL8000 a couple of weeks ago. In general - everything is fine, except some minor annoying issues. Most of all - can not take a Google Calendar notice away from the main screen. It wastes a lot of space and doesn't make any sense, since I use Clock widget, which is also displays weekday and date..... So stupid. Moreover, on my BV8000Pro with Android 8, which is still working good, the Clock widget was displaying the next alarm time. Here it is not displayed, unless you light up the screen on the locked phone.

Regarding the proximity sensor, mine is working fine at this moment, however, the protective glass for this model closes this sensor and it doesn't have any socket for it, This might be a reason for this sensor stop working properly (or if the glass is scratched etc.).

Absolutely agree with you regarding scheduled on / off feature. It was very useful for me, and now it is absent. What a shame..... And it is problem almost for all android 11, big brother doesn't  want people to turn off their phones......  

OLO_c

Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:59 pm

I don't know, I don't use any od the Calendar features.

I also don't use default launcher and use Nova Launcher instead. It's much more customizable.

VADUS
Topic Author

Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:42 am

Then it is not a problem for you. I'm on a stock launcher now, and almost happy with it, except these minor things.

VADUS
Topic Author

Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:14 am

Regarding 50Mp Camera - it is the real 50 (48) Mp camera, which is using Pixel Binning. This technology combine 4 (2X2 square) small pixels into 1 virtual big pixel. As a result, the final resolution is decreased to 12Mp, however Signal/Noise Ratio is being multiplied by 2. This makes your pictures much better quality and much lower noise, especially under dark conditions. Most likely this camera can not make a picture with real separated 50Mp under sufficient light conditions, but I don't see any problem with it, since it is cheap smartphone camera anyway,

VADUS
Topic Author

Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:43 pm

VADUS wrote:
Most likely this camera can not make a picture with real separated 50Mp under sufficient light conditions

Well, it looks like I've underestimated this camera. According to Samsung, it can make a real 50Mp shouts under sufficient light conditions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aai2Ux2Wsnk

VADUS
Topic Author

Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:44 pm

Another problem, the CALC app. doesn't show 0 and comma, after you press any other digit after comma - it shows only integer digits. However, it calculates it the right way (counting the comma). It is definitely the bug, which has to be fixed.