Blackview User Forum

 
ozolli
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:45 pm

Re: [TRACKED AND INVESTIGATING, CULPRIT FOUND] Phone reboots (crashes) at night, startup sound will wake up everybody

Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:28 pm

Mike! wrote:
That does not answer the question.

viewtopic.php?f=192&t=340762
 
User avatar
blackview_admin
Posts: 7937
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 am
Contact:

Re: [TRACKED AND INVESTIGATING, CULPRIT FOUND] Phone reboots (crashes) at night, startup sound will wake up everybody

Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:11 pm

ozolli wrote:
Mike! wrote:
That does not answer the question.

viewtopic.php?f=192&t=340762


Exactly. An OTA update should come, but, as always, not all the OTA updates show up to everyone.
If you don't want to wait, go to the flashing route!
 
viky
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:18 pm

Re: [TRACKED AND INVESTIGATING, CULPRIT FOUND] Phone reboots (crashes) at night, startup sound will wake up everybody

Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:03 am

blackview_admin wrote:
Although the tech team stated that it's an hardware issue, what about flashing the 20171219 firmware in the mean time to see if the issue gets mitigated?

This firmware solved the battery drain problem that plagued some users and that was commonly associated also with sudden reboots.....


Flashed latest firmware (20171219) which also made factory reset. Got only one reboot in three days. It feels that there are less reboots. But it can be also coincidence.

For anyone on Linux only, this guide works flawlessly https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1NJcDBkLk8zMwyv2BTqRjn2NB_ZOWKjP1fRpSVr44Oxk/edit.

EDIT: Got thee reboots today, so no change in 20171219.
Last edited by viky on Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
Chris_2017
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:32 pm

Re: [TRACKED AND INVESTIGATING, CULPRIT FOUND] Phone reboots (crashes) at night, startup sound will wake up everybody

Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:56 pm

Cool beans, gonna flash mine today and report back to you guys!
 
User avatar
Mike!
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:31 pm
Location: Germany

Re: [TRACKED AND INVESTIGATING, CULPRIT FOUND] Phone reboots (crashes) at night, startup sound will wake up everybody

Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:15 pm

blackview_admin wrote:
If you don't want to wait, go to the flashing route!


I'll wait.
 
tavas
Topic Author
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:16 am

Re: [TRACKED AND INVESTIGATING, CULPRIT FOUND] Phone reboots (crashes) at night, startup sound will wake up everybody

Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:04 am

viky wrote:
Flashed latest firmware (20171219) which also made factory reset. Got only one reboot in three days. It feels that there are less reboots. But it can be also coincidence.

I've been running 20171011 all the time, and first reboots were average once / day, but then it dropped to one / week (or even less). So I'm bit sceptic if fw version does have so much influence.
 
Stoffelnator
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:16 pm

Re: [TRACKED AND INVESTIGATING, CULPRIT FOUND] Phone reboots (crashes) at night, startup sound will wake up everybody

Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:25 pm

Hello, i have the same problem with my phone and i wish that this permanently rebooting could be fixed.

But i guess the problem could be the power button.
The manual says that: "press and hold the power button could force reboot".

So if the phone is in my pocket i guess that this button could pressed long enough by moving that this could effect the force reboot of the pghone by this button.

Is it possible to combine this "force reboot function" of this device with an buttoncombination similar like get into recovery mode?
So only reeboot is forced by pressing the multifunction key and the powerbutton at once?

i dont know if that could be the problem but for me it sounds like a possible reason...
 
User avatar
blackview_admin
Posts: 7937
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 am
Contact:

Re: [TRACKED AND INVESTIGATING, CULPRIT FOUND] Phone reboots (crashes) at night, startup sound will wake up everybody

Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:15 pm

Stoffelnator wrote:
Hello, i have the same problem with my phone and i wish that this permanently rebooting could be fixed.

But i guess the problem could be the power button.
The manual says that: "press and hold the power button could force reboot".

So if the phone is in my pocket i guess that this button could pressed long enough by moving that this could effect the force reboot of the pghone by this button.

Is it possible to combine this "force reboot function" of this device with an buttoncombination similar like get into recovery mode?
So only reeboot is forced by pressing the multifunction key and the powerbutton at once?

i dont know if that could be the problem but for me it sounds like a possible reason...


Hi there, this is not a button problem, unfortunately :cry:
 
tavas
Topic Author
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:16 am

Re: [TRACKED AND INVESTIGATING, CULPRIT FOUND] Phone reboots (crashes) at night, startup sound will wake up everybody

Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:05 am

Stoffelnator wrote:
But i guess the problem could be the power button.
The manual says that: "press and hold the power button could force reboot".

So if the phone is in my pocket i guess that this button could pressed long enough by moving that this could effect the force reboot of the pghone by this button.

All my reboots have occurred when phone is on desk, and there is nothing to push buttons. So like admin says, not a button problem.
 
User avatar
Chris_2017
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:32 pm

Re: [TRACKED AND INVESTIGATING, CULPRIT FOUND] Phone reboots (crashes) at night, startup sound will wake up everybody

Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:11 pm

tavas wrote:
Stoffelnator wrote:
But i guess the problem could be the power button.
The manual says that: "press and hold the power button could force reboot".

So if the phone is in my pocket i guess that this button could pressed long enough by moving that this could effect the force reboot of the pghone by this button.

All my reboots have occurred when phone is on desk, and there is nothing to push buttons. So like admin says, not a button problem.


Precisely so, on desk or night table, no power button involved...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests