Blackview User Forum

 
hippy
Topic Author
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:12 am

bv9800 pro location GPS keeps turning on and draining battery

Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:30 am

Hello black view team

First off I must say I'm overall very happy with this phone, I come from the cat s61 as previous phone and this one performs pretty good but I have just one problem.

When I turn on WiFi or mobile data then at the same time the GPS starts, if I turn the the GPS off a few minutes later I check and it's back on again

I've been through every menu I can find including all the Google stuff about location and security. All Google admin is off, wipe device is off etc.

I am concerned about my privacy as I keep the GPS off because I don't use it, I can't have a phone connected to GPS with me all day, plus the battery drain because of the gps is bad.

I had the phone just one week and I need to get this sorted and fixed or I have get a new phone without this problem and send this phone back to you.

I now spend all day unlocking it and turning off GPS.

Please can you help?
I will try till Monday to fix it but if I don't get the GPS to stay turned off then I will return the phone as faulty and send it back for a full refund.

Thanks
Hippy
 
User avatar
blackview_admin
Posts: 7402
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 am
Contact:

Re: bv9800 pro location GPS keeps turning on and draining battery

Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:48 am

hippy wrote:
Hello black view team

First off I must say I'm overall very happy with this phone, I come from the cat s61 as previous phone and this one performs pretty good but I have just one problem.

When I turn on WiFi or mobile data then at the same time the GPS starts, if I turn the the GPS off a few minutes later I check and it's back on again

I've been through every menu I can find including all the Google stuff about location and security. All Google admin is off, wipe device is off etc.

I am concerned about my privacy as I keep the GPS off because I don't use it, I can't have a phone connected to GPS with me all day, plus the battery drain because of the gps is bad.

I had the phone just one week and I need to get this sorted and fixed or I have get a new phone without this problem and send this phone back to you.

I now spend all day unlocking it and turning off GPS.

Please can you help?
I will  try till Monday to fix it but if I don't get the GPS to stay turned off then I will return the phone as faulty and send it back for a full refund.

Thanks
Hippy

I think you'd better contact your seller or our professional after-sales directly.
After-sales email: support02@blackview.hk
 
gneckoski
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:31 pm

Re: bv9800 pro location GPS keeps turning on and draining battery

Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:46 pm

I have the same problem, I have the phone for one month. New one. I have location turned off from all apps, system apps too, but GPS location over and over turns on itself. FLIR Thermal camera doesn't work without LOCATION permission. WHY THE FUCKING KAMERA NEED A LOCATION????????? I think those smarthphones are notning more than SPY TOOLS!
 
Bv9800proswed
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:41 pm

Re: bv9800 pro location GPS keeps turning on and draining battery

Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:57 pm

Hello. I have same problem with gps starting itself. Why? I can't get it to stop tracking me.
 
User avatar
blackview_admin
Posts: 7402
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 am
Contact:

Re: bv9800 pro location GPS keeps turning on and draining battery

Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:49 am

Bv9800proswed wrote:
Hello. I have same problem with gps starting itself. Why? I can't get it to stop tracking me.

I think you'd better contact your seller or our professional after-sales directly.

After-sales email: support02@blackview.hk
 
User avatar
blackview_admin
Posts: 7402
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 am
Contact:

Re: bv9800 pro location GPS keeps turning on and draining battery

Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:50 am

gneckoski wrote:
I have the same problem, I have the phone for one month. New one. I have location turned off from all apps, system apps too, but GPS location over and over turns on itself. FLIR Thermal camera doesn't work without LOCATION permission. WHY THE FUCKING KAMERA NEED A LOCATION????????? I think those smarthphones are notning more than SPY TOOLS!

I think you'd better contact your seller or our professional after-sales directly.

After-sales email: support02@blackview.hk
 
Bv9800proswed
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:41 pm

Re: bv9800 pro location GPS keeps turning on and draining battery

Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:10 am

I did contact customerservice and they answered within 10 minuters. Really fast.
Reset phone was suggested and I did and now gps not starting itself.
Great support!
Thank you from happy customer
 
Bv9800proswed
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:41 pm

Re: bv9800 pro location GPS keeps turning on and draining battery

Sat May 16, 2020 7:37 pm

When I disable Fused location in Settings -- apps --  show system apps, then gps don`t starts, and navigation program still works...
Try it if you have problem with annoying gps that start by itself..
 
User avatar
blackview_admin
Posts: 7402
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 am
Contact:

Re: bv9800 pro location GPS keeps turning on and draining battery

Mon May 18, 2020 6:54 am

gneckoski wrote:
I have the same problem, I have the phone for one month. New one. I have location turned off from all apps, system apps too, but GPS location over and over turns on itself. FLIR Thermal camera doesn't work without LOCATION permission. WHY THE FUCKING KAMERA NEED A LOCATION????????? I think those smarthphones are notning more than SPY TOOLS!

Hello,
Sorry to reply to you late. Maybe you'd better contact the professional after-sale department.
Email: support02@blackview.hk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest