Blackview User Forum

zsolt
Topic Author

Touch screen freezing

Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:50 am

I have bought a A5 as a present for my wife lately. Its touch screen has already frozen two times. In the first case, somebody called her, and when she took the phone out of her pocket, she couldn't answer the call because the touch screen didn't work. She tried to restart the phone and kept pressing the on/off button. The menu correctly came up, but she couldn''t restart because the her touches on the "restart" has been ignored. In the end she had to remove the battery to restart the phone. The second case was this morning. The alarm went off, but she simply couldn't switch it off because of the unresponsive touch screen. I had to wake up and take the battery out again.
I am not sure if it is related, but in both cases the screen has touched something when the phone started working. First the material of her pocket, and in the second case the phone was laid down on the carpet, facing down.
Please help, because it is so embarassing to give a present which is not working well...

blackview_admin

Re: Touch screen freezing

Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:24 am

zsolt wrote:
I have bought a A5 as a present for my wife lately. Its touch screen has already frozen two times. In the first case, somebody called her, and when she took the phone out of her pocket, she couldn't answer the call because the touch screen didn't work. She tried to restart the phone and kept pressing the on/off button. The menu correctly came up, but she couldn''t restart because the her touches on the "restart" has been ignored. In the end she had to remove the battery to restart the phone. The second case was this morning. The alarm went off, but she simply couldn't switch it off because of the unresponsive touch screen. I had to wake up and take the battery out again.
I am not sure if it is related, but in both cases the screen has touched something when the phone started working. First the material of her pocket, and in the second case the phone was laid down on the carpet, facing down.
Please help, because it is so embarassing to give a present which is not working well...

Hi,

If you have try any firmware update ?

Best regards,
Admin

zsolt
Topic Author

Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:00 am

I have checked the updates in the "About phone" menu it says there is no new update. As I can see the phone was shipped with firmware dated 06.29. Is there any newer one? And if yes, where can I find it?

zsolt
Topic Author

Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:21 pm

I have found everything on the forum, so I have just updated to the latest firmware. I will inform you if the problem happens again. I hope it won't, though.

zsolt
Topic Author

Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:32 pm

No, it is not better. It still happens once or twice a day. What can I do? Please help!

zsolt
Topic Author

Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:30 am

I can see it is not just me, the issue has been noticed by another person who wrote the topic "The phone doesn't wake up". My wife says, once a day happens that she removes the phone from her ears to end the call, but the screen remains black. She makes it light up by the button on the side of the phone, but she is not able to hang up because the touch screen is unresponsive. It seems to me as a serious problem with the proximity sensor. Or the software behind it. Is it possible to recalibrate it? Could you check the firmware why the proximity sensor couldn't unlock the phone sometimes?

Additional info to the issue: the onscreen gestures are working when the touch screen is unresponsive. That's why I know that the phone thinks the screen is still locked, however it is not.

useer789

Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:24 pm

I have same issue, almost every time I unlock my phone. Is there any update planned for that?