Blackview User Forum

kup0
Topic Author

Rooted problem

Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:07 am

Is there going to be fix for this issue? There are few older posts for this same problem so I'm not alone with it. I checked with CPU-Z and it says my phone is not rooted but some apps says it is. My banks app don't work and looks like google pay (?) is all so not working. Please fix this issue!

blackview_admin

Re: Rooted problem

Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:36 am

kup0 wrote:
Is there going to be fix for this issue? There are few older posts for this same problem so I'm not alone with it. I checked with CPU-Z and it says my phone is not rooted but some apps says it is. My banks app don't work and looks like google pay (?) is all so not working. Please fix this issue!

Hi,

Or screenshot the UI for us as a judgement, or check if you can delete some preloaded apps or not.
In fact, all products from us are not rooted, unless the users themselves get the root.

kup0
Topic Author

Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:46 am

blackview_admin wrote:
kup0 wrote:

Hi,

Or screenshot the UI for us as a judgement, or check if you can delete some preloaded apps or not.
In fact, all products from us are not rooted, unless the users themselves get the root.

Do you have any idea what app might cause this? This phone is not rooted but something makes it look like it's rooted. Is it app related or something strange in ROM or kernel that I don't know.

Derk

Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:07 am

@Blackview_Admin:
you possibly solve this issue in releasing ROMs with correct build properties.
As mentioned by some users including myself the ROMs are released as "test-keys" which is used for possibly unstable Beta and not the correct "release-keys" for stable version released to all users.
It's just a minimal correction your developers should be used to...
I think they just build the test version and make Beta test, may be some corrections and then forward this version for public release. This would also explain that the ROMs have a date prior than you publish them, usually the date difference should be 0 to 1 days when publishing.

blackview_admin

Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:01 am

Derk wrote:
@Blackview_Admin:
As mentioned by some users including myself the ROMs are released as "test-keys" which is used for possibly unstable Beta and not the correct "release-keys" for stable version released to all users.
It's just a minimal correction your developers should be used to...
I think they just build the test version and make Beta test, may be some corrections and then forward this version for public release. This would also explain that the ROMs have a date prior than you publish them, usually the date difference should be 0 to 1 days when publishing.

Hi,

so what is the date of your ROM? please know all roms has got a inner testing from the software department. Only when it works well , we will
do a public releasing. Then users will receive the new ROM. the test version won't be sent to users.

blackview_admin

Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:06 am

kup0 wrote:
blackview_admin wrote:
kup0 wrote:

Hi,

Do you have any idea what app might cause this? This phone is not rooted but something makes it look like it's rooted. Is it app related or something strange in ROM or kernel that I don't know.

Hi,

do you have verified if the device is rooted? If it is not rooted, you can try a factory reset to see if the problem still exist.

Derk

Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:21 pm

blackview_admin wrote:
Derk wrote:
@Blackview_Admin:

so what is the date of your ROM? please know all roms has got a inner testing from the software department. Only when it works well , we will
do a public releasing. Then users will receive the new ROM. the test version won't be sent to users.

I use 20160822 - but that ROM was announced by you 20160901 - so the name suggests the ROM was compiled 10 days before release.
And if you have a look at the file default.prop in root directory you find the build properties at the very end.
The exact build date is: ro.bootimage.build.date=2016年 08月 22日 星期一 16:08:05 CST
And the build fingerprint is: ro.bootimage.build.fingerprint=alps/s12v55_jk_3m/s12v55_jk_3m:6.0/MRA58K/1471853073:user/test-keys

As you can see the build properties are user/test-keys which is ok for Beta-testing but not for release as there are some apps which might take the device as rooted as it is running a non productive ROM - all "test-keys" ROM are considered not for productive use but for testing only!

So please ask your developers to compile the ROM for release again after testing with build properties of "release-keys".
The correct procedure of signing they can find at https://source.android.com/devices/tech/ota/sign_builds.html

Regards,
Derk, former quality manager at Europes largest software company

kup0
Topic Author

Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:41 pm

Derk wrote:
blackview_admin wrote:
Derk wrote:
@Blackview_Admin:

I use 20160822 - but that ROM was announced by you 20160901 - so the name suggests the ROM was compiled 10 days before release.
And if you have a look at the file default.prop in root directory you find the build properties at the very end.
The exact build date is: ro.bootimage.build.date=2016年 08月 22日 星期一 16:08:05 CST
And the build fingerprint is: ro.bootimage.build.fingerprint=alps/s12v55_jk_3m/s12v55_jk_3m:6.0/MRA58K/1471853073:user/test-keys

As you can see the build properties are user/test-keys which is ok for Beta-testing but not for release as there are some apps which might take the device as rooted as it is running a non productive ROM - all "test-keys" ROM are considered not for productive use but for testing only!

So please ask your developers to compile the ROM for release again after testing with build properties of "release-keys".
The correct procedure of signing they can find at https://source.android.com/devices/tech/ota/sign_builds.html

Regards,
Derk, former quality manager at Europes largest software company

Thank you Derk! Maybe they understand now that factory reset is not going to fix it.

Sebastl

Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:52 pm

On Needrom a Rom from 0818 appeared which is correctly signed and also has the ro.secure and ro.debuggable correctly set.
But it seems to be for a s12v55_jk_3m_gms_rz device whereas all the Roms posted here are for s12v55_jk_3m

Can you enlighten us Admin ?

styxxx

Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:56 am

Pokemon Go doesn't start anymore because of this. It's pretty amateurish by Niantic to detect the phone as rooted but I guess it wouldn't happen, if the firmware had the correct flags set.