Blackview User Forum

MRUK
Topic Author

Morning alarm

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:07 am

The alarm is hit and miss sometimes it works, sometimes it will give you  notification hours later saying missed alarm (when didnt even go off)
What to do....

The longer i have this phones the more i see little bugs creeping in.

PeterChanEx

Re: Morning alarm

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:26 am

Hi MRUK,
I recently got myself a new Blackview as well, although not the same model (mine is P6000), I had similar problem this morning.
I did some testing and fiddling around and finally got it working, maybe you have the similar issue as I did.

Perhaps try the following steps:
1) Go to Settings
2) Select All Apps
3) go to the app called Clock
4) Under notifications, uncheck "show silently", "Hide sensitive notification content" On the lock screen, and check Override Do Not Disturb.
After doing those changes, I managed to get my alarm working fine.

Funny enough, the restriction on notifications also impacts the Alarm, so just need to becareful what options you choose for notifications etc.
A fan of Blackview based in Australia.
All my posts are purposed to help provide feedback to make Blackview better.

MRUK
Topic Author

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:09 am

Well my calendar has just sent me a 24hr notification before an event only problem is the even was last week not this week!!!

PeterChanEx

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:48 am

MRUK wrote:
Well my calendar has just sent me a 24hr notification before an event only problem is the even was last week not this week!!!

In that case I do not know.
However, if I have to guess (assuming theres nothing wrong with the phone), I'd say the "run in background" function for the calendar is turned off or something.
Or for the dumbest reason, your phone is set to the wrong date......... ^_^"
Good luck with it!

PeterChanEx

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:32 pm

MRUK wrote:

Hey MRUK,
I encountered the same problem like yours for my P6000 alarm clock this morning, 6:15am one when off just fine, but 6:30am one did not and saw a missed notification when I woke up at 6:45am.
Trying to figure out what the problem is myself, but BLACKVIEW ADMIN, please look into your software and fix the problems.

Thanks

MRUK
Topic Author

Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:30 am

PeterChanEx wrote:
MRUK wrote:

Hey MRUK,
I encountered the same problem like yours for my P6000 alarm clock this morning, 6:15am one when off just fine, but 6:30am one did not and saw a missed notification when I woke up at 6:45am.
Trying to figure out what the problem is myself, but BLACKVIEW ADMIN, please look into your software and fix the problems.

Thanks

I replied to your other post but basically as i already rooted my P10000 i removed the clock app and installed the google version which is the same app just better version and till the problem was there so it isnt the app itself its got something to do with the background activities. even though i have whitelisted everything it still has the problem.
It seems to me that Blackview (and other Chinese manufacturers) include all these background apps so it makes the phone look like the battery is  performing better but then it screws with the actual workings of the phone.
My notifications, email, alarm, calendar, youtube etc are so unreliable iv switched back to my Ulefone Power 3 until they issue an update which will fix alot of these issues. Infact updating to Oreo 8.1 as promised may help but it doesn't seem like they want to!

blackview_admin

Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:26 am

I'm waiting for more users to confirm such issue... so i can track is as a bug and not as a sporadic case.

ft1980

Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:56 am

I have the same problem on P10000 pro.

The clock alarm never work.

Please solve the problem.

blackview_admin

Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:00 am

Forwarded such issue to the tech team!