Blackview User Forum

SnuffThePunkz
Topic Author

ATTN Admin: Network Selection needs upgrading.

Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:30 am

I've found a issue with my new phone.

I love it, and it is a great experience however when on 4g(LTE) I cannot receive calls. However if I set the preferred network in the settings to 3g, it will receive calls well but because Blackview misrepresented the supported 3g bands for the phone I have no internet. (A few of you may have noticed this, and there are threads about this were people have proven it, and the admin stops replying)

There are a few other people with the same issue posting in this forum being ignored, please don't ignore them and this and work with us.

The issue is with the OS, or possibly the antenna. The ones with the issue have networks that don't support VoLTE (Voice over LTE) and are simply pure data LTE bands, and the network when a call is coming in on 3g(Or even 2g, depending on the carrier) it pings the account and see if it is using LTE, and switches the phone down to 3g to complete the call, then switched back to 4g(LTE) after the call is completed.

The issue I've found is that the BV5000 selects 4G(LTE), 3G, or 2G. Which doesn't leave those who need to use multiple bands with a usable device.

My wife has a Sony Xperia Z3, and the options are as such. 2G, 3G, 2G+3G, and 2G+3G+4G(LTE). Being able to use all the bands allows the phone to switch back and forth as required.

If it is an antenna limitation, just let us know and that will be it. However if this can be patched, I would be happy to work with you towards a solution.

If you are having this issue chime in and lets get this noticed.

blackview_admin

Re: ATTN Admin: Network Selection needs upgrading.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:11 am

hi,

commonly , when you pick up a call , then the network will be not usable!

Best regards,
Admin

SnuffThePunkz
Topic Author

Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:03 pm

I think being able to answer a call and not use the 4G data network while on the call is better than not being able to receive a call?

Most current phones can do both. But if it's one or the other, receiving calls should be a higher priority.

SnuffThePunkz
Topic Author

Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:11 am

In case the translation is lost.

This is what I have, and can select from.

This however is what I need.

Neither of these pictures are mine, I borrowed them for demonstration purposes.

For networks that use only one band it is fine, some of us those use 2 or even 3 (Rogers in Canada).

If this can't be resolved I'll sadly have to return the phone for one that works. I would like to keep it.

Pete

Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:46 am

Hi, this seems like the typical response from admin once again.

PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE EMAIL IN FULL AND THEN REPLY TO THE ISSUE STATED!!!

"when on 4g(LTE) I cannot receive calls".

We seem to be very happy with the phone but all want the same answer, is this a OS problem or internal antenna?

SnuffThePunkz
Topic Author

Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:24 pm

Are you seriously not allowing my posts to go through?

This is a legitimate issue, which could be fixed to allow support for your customers and expand your sales base.

Pete

Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:23 am

This is the reply from Blackview New Zealand .

OK please contact them for support we can only support Oceania.

However as a quick note from what I read you are not considering how a network operator can impact the operation of a phone.

Many MNOs (Mobile Network Operators), use QOS to manage their networks where they detect Voice calls they can force over 3G where they detect data connections they route using 4G.

This may not be dependent on the phone hardware as the network architecture the carrier chooses to implement and how they structure QOS on their network is the overriding manager....

Every MNO operates a different set of QOSs protocols on their network to manage traffic. QOS has a number of standards but it is up to the carrier to implement operation on their network the way they choose......

You may want to try using a different network (i.e change SIM cards), that has a different QOS regime in place in your area.

In NZ where we sell Blackview most often the QOS regime in place forces voice calls to use 3G while Data is forced on 4G...

The reason you may struggle to get an answer is the question gets complex - after All Blackview build devices to operate on a range of frequencies.

If these frequencies operate on the device - an MNO can still vary their network management for voice call, data and emergency calls...- these all relate to the header packet management received by the network and how it has been implemented. Different header packets force the QOS regime to give priority to re-assembling data - some operators therefore choose to force 3G for voice calls deliberately to keep the data networks free for internet operations only i.e. data not voice...this means their internet browsing service is very fast...

My first recommendation to you and any other users where you are unhappy with a QOS regime is to to get another SIM card and try a different MNO especially where multiple networks are available until you find one that operates their QOS policy according to your desires.

Sometimes it is not the hardware alone - as you will appreciate that makes a difference.

Hence the reason why Blackview support probably finds it hard to articulate something that is quite complex.

Again in NZ my Blackview phone automatically switches to 3G on the networks I use it on- this does not impact the quality of the call or it use on the internet - far from it...really its all about network efficiency and management.

Keep in mind if a 4G network is constrained a MNO may choose to limit the 4G to just data to provide a good experience while the roll out more 4G antennas...

Each MNO configure their QOS differently depending on their currently deployed network architecture to try to give their customer the best experience possible for voice or data...

The topology of the network can force MNO decision that may enhance or detract from the user experience depending on their behaviour and usage...

Here in NZ I find the network frequently switching to 3G for calls - does that detract from my experience - answer no - the 3G calls are clear - when surfing the net I note that 4G is most often the default - does this detract - no quite the opposite.

So in this email - I have tried to advise you of the complexities of MNO network provision - each network is unique even though it has a set of common underlying network standards...overall aMNO tries to supply the best quality they can from their deployed network infrastructure until they can afford to invest more capital to improve it...

One last thing check to see that your phone is not forced to 3G - if it is thats all you will get - another carrier may offer you a better service as they automatically switch between 3G and 4G services based on the QOS regime they have applied in their network management implementation.

As a final example my Blackview Ultraplus auto switches between 2G / 3G/ 4G to provide me the service I desire and I find it very good on the network operator I use.

However as further example there is another MNO that a friend of mine uses a Blackview OMEGA Pro on - this MNO configuration forces him to force 3G to use his phone in certain areas...in other words their QOS implementation is not as advanced as the carrier I am using...

I hope this helps...

try to remember a Mobile Phone Manufacturer can build devices that meet a specification - but that there is another part of the equation - the deployment architecture of the MNO and their network and QOS implementation...

Imagine being a carrier who started with 2G then moved to 2.5G then to 3G and then to 4G - what compromises do they have to make in their network to try to provide a seamless high quality service..?

Now imagine a great MNO CTO who ensures the network runs efficiently versus a terrible CTO who doesn't care or does not have their budget - what happens - random issues...depending on where they are in their network infrastructure lifecycle and the amount of capital they can invests to fix it...

For me - in NZ there are three carriers I use the one that Like the most having tried all of them funnily enough this meant a journey through all three to go back to the original....whose service I did not initially appreciate but which suits me now...

Last thing networks are always improved over time and their QOS - which also means what you hate now could be better in a year or whatever time period...keep an eye on what your friends say and experience

If you do have the luxury of having more than 3 MNOs then try the one with the latest infrastructure this may well fix the dissatisfaction you have expressed with Blackview - when it may not be a device fault but a network architecture implementation and QOS management experience.

However this is just a simple mans opinion offered up to assist you in understanding your experience...what do I know- probably nothing....

Have a good day

Cheers

Blackview NZ ltd

blackview_admin

Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:22 am

Pete wrote:
Hi, this seems like the typical response from admin once again.

PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE EMAIL IN FULL AND THEN REPLY TO THE ISSUE STATED!!!

"when on 4g(LTE) I cannot receive calls".

We seem to be very happy with the phone but all want the same answer, is this a OS problem or internal antenna?

Hi

in fact we have talked about this problem , but tech team all think it is impossible for this to happen , so do you
have any video to let us know more clearly ?

Best regards,
Admin

Pete

Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:28 am

Hi, I am unsure what you mean by impossible to happen. Do you mean the phone will or will not receive calls when 4g is selected?
I am unable to get video of this as I cannot video my phone when calls are not coming through when 4g is selected.

decayedsin

Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:00 pm

Hi, I can make and receice calls with the 4G LTE on. But there is a bug where while using the 4G LTE to web browse and voip, then both antennas "g and 4G LTE crash and then reboot. I have to force the operator to 3G and neer use 4G LTE to not have the issue of both antennas crashing and rebooting. I hope the the New Android rom update will have this issue fixed.