Blackview User Forum

MRUK
Topic Author

Re: Any news on the Oreo update

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:38 am

blackview_admin wrote:
MRUK wrote:
This is why i will not buy a new model BV9600 pro, because I have the P10000 and it hasnt been updated since i brought it 10 months ago. No security updates, no OS update nothing.
But all keeps saying is will come takes time blah, blah, blah. How much time do they need.

Anyone recommend another good brand execpt Ulefone who are the same

That's not the place for asking about other phones of different brands, I hope you can  understand. Please behave, don't force me to kick you from this forum. I don't want to.

This is an open forum that we should be able to talk about anything no?
If Blackview wasnt so untinley with updates and security patches people wouldn't get so frustrated.
Im not bothered if you kick me off or not. it will be the last Blackview phone i buy!

blackview_admin

Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:52 pm

MRUK wrote:
blackview_admin wrote:
MRUK wrote:
This is why i will not buy a new model BV9600 pro, because I have the P10000 and it hasnt been updated since i brought it 10 months ago. No security updates, no OS update nothing.
But all keeps saying is will come takes time blah, blah, blah. How much time do they need.

Anyone recommend another good brand execpt Ulefone who are the same

That's not the place for asking about other phones of different brands, I hope you can  understand. Please behave, don't force me to kick you from this forum. I don't want to.

This is an open forum that we should be able to talk about anything no?
If Blackview wasnt so untinley with updates and security patches people wouldn't get so frustrated.
Im not bothered if you kick me off or not. it will be the last Blackview phone i buy!

Nope, this is the Blackview forum board where users can talk about Blackview phones and everything related to them, and where they can get some support. You can't talk about what you eat last day, cars, cooking recipes and so on. You can't talk about snorkeling in the Samsung smartphones' forum board! I hope you can understand.

MRUK
Topic Author

Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:35 am

I think you are going off topic Admin,  please provide update on when 8.x will come to 1st gen p10000

GrunHerz

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:34 pm

There is no release calendar, which is really absurd.
So, the chances we will ever see an update or bugfixes for the 7.1.1 version of the p10000 is pretty non-existent. So, this will also be my first and also last blackview phone. Which is a shame, because it has so much potential.

blackview_admin

Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:39 pm

MRUK wrote:
I think you are going off topic Admin,  please provide update on when 8.x will come to 1st gen p10000

No exact date at the moment. You'll have to wait guys, i'm sorry.

jaja

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:20 pm

hi, sorry for my bad english !

i'm using a translator =>

it's a shame because the phones are really great!
I would stay on the 7.1. because it works very well.
the lack of tracking and updating will kill the brand in my opinion!
regards
jaja

jaja

Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:11 pm

waiting, waiting.... again, again.....
regards
jaja

Arrestra

Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:14 pm

Common'... Just a security patch ! 

Jimiest

Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:41 pm

Bye, bye, Blackview phone... I wrote two weeks ago to the customer service asking about security patch and Oreo update: no answer, no news.  
This will be my first and last Blackview. They don´t deserve all the good comments i did to my friends about this brand and now i´m thinking about if they need our phones without security at all for any reason.
Thanks and good luck!

MRUK
Topic Author

Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:21 am

Jimiest wrote:
Bye, bye, Blackview phone... I wrote two weeks ago to the customer service asking about security patch and Oreo update: no answer, no news.  
This will be my first and last Blackview. They don´t deserve all the good comments i did to my friends about this brand and now i´m thinking about if they need our phones without security at all for any reason.
Thanks and good luck!

Yes, i have changed my daily driver from my P100000 because of lack of support, upgrades or security patches, i had my phone about 8 months and nothing.
Shame as I was used to the 16hr SOT of the battery now i will only use it for backup or long trips away.
It seems to be a trend with the Chinese makers which is a surprise as its basically stock android so all they really need to do is to add driver to make it work!
I wouldn't be surprised if ALL the Chinese manufacturer don't actually have any dev team but rather ALL use the same company to get the software working.
Its certainly the same update tool that is used for them ALL.