Blackview User Forum

GrunHerz

Re: Any news on the Oreo update

Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:41 pm

Dear Santa,

I have been good this year, but there a lot of bad people out there to steal information of my phone. I got an 'old' p10000, so no security patches and updates for me... They only switched from supplier, but the hardware would be the same... Still no annoucements, no fixes, no updates... That makes me a sad reindeer, so please Santa Blackview, could you give us some Oreo or security patches? Pretty please? I will be good for another year.

Thanks,
GrunHerz

Petru21

Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:10 am

I give you all a opinion I don't know what are doing but I'm already buy another phone because 1 for 3-4 months I didn't see any updates of any kind CAMERA, SECURITY OR ANDROID me I need an security not just big battery because we have this day almost of our information on the smartphone email, accounts of apps, payment information etc etc I need to continue.
Oops and by the way this phone didn't get any updates for 6 months ADMIN
And I have a phone from 2015 and even right now I get updates every month with patch security

blackview_admin

Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:44 pm

Updates will come, don't worry. Some time is needed, by the way. ;)

MRUK
Topic Author

Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:59 am

blackview_admin wrote:
Updates will come, don't worry. Some time is needed, by the way. ;)

I dont understand why you keep saying the same thing. This phone was released in last MArch with 7.1 on and the newer phones have 8.1 on. You tell us the only difference is a different supplier of a modem so why does it take so long to implement drivers for the old version.

Google release security patches monthly but Blackview have not updated anything in 6 months, so in this scenario you will never catch up if you cannot even release a security patch within 6 months or update to 8.1 in 9 months.
All this is doing is putting a bad look on Blackview, the P10000 Pro is a good sturdy phone for the money so in that case i am impressed but nobody would buy another Blackview phone knowing that the company does not give any updates in a timley fashion, if at ALL.

Please stop saying its coming and needs time, you have had plenty of time to update the ROM for the 1st release of P10000

jaja

Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:26 pm

Hi (sorry for my bad english)

I buy another p10000 Pro for my son. after one month wait, I recieve it today.

it works fine of course.

but, the phone have got Android 8.1.0. update to 5th may 2018....

why this version isn't send to another phone buy before the date ?
regards
jaja

Phoney_O

Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:30 am

hey jaja

the admins says the older phones has not been updated to 8.1 because they are installed with a modem from another supplier.

which just shows that the technicians in this company is either incompetent or non existent.

jaja

Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:18 pm

hi,

ok, i would like test a rom posted before in this post. someboby are testing it maybe ?

it works fine ?
regards
jaja

MRUK
Topic Author

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:45 am

This is why i will not buy a new model BV9600 pro, because I have the P10000 and it hasnt been updated since i brought it 10 months ago. No security updates, no OS update nothing.
But all keeps saying is will come takes time blah, blah, blah. How much time do they need.

Anyone recommend another good brand execpt Ulefone who are the same

blackview_admin

Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:28 pm

MRUK wrote:
This is why i will not buy a new model BV9600 pro, because I have the P10000 and it hasnt been updated since i brought it 10 months ago. No security updates, no OS update nothing.
But all keeps saying is will come takes time blah, blah, blah. How much time do they need.

That's not the place for asking about other phones of different brands, I hope you can understand. Please behave, don't force me to kick you from this forum. I don't want to.

Phoney_O

Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:01 pm

blackview_admin wrote:
MRUK wrote:

That's not the place for asking about other phones of different brands, I hope you can understand. Please behave, don't force me to kick you from this forum. I don't want to.

Well i understand where Mruk is getting at. i am also thinking about buying the bv9600 pro for myself and all the people in my firm, but i am having second thoughts because of the lack of competence regarding answers about when updates ect. will come.

i am not even sure they have a tech crew, if they have its a incompetent one. hope i am wrong though.