Blackview User Forum

MRUK
Topic Author

Any news on the Oreo update

Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:07 am

Now we wait for to long for this Oreo update. What is takling so long?
Not only that you do not keep us posted.

I will not buy another Blackview phone if you will cheat us like this.

cerebro84

Re: Any news on the Oreo update

Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:56 am

Yeah I feel like you too. I bet on this company, but I think I lost my bet. Even if one day Oreo will arrive, I think that will be the last update for us. 

blackview_admin

Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:41 am

The Oreo update will come when ready. Better to have time to fix many bugs than releasing an unusable ROM...

cerebro84

Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:48 am

blackview_admin wrote:
The Oreo update will come when ready. Better to have time to fix many bugs than releasing an unusable ROM...

That's right, the point was that we were expecting to have a mature ROM in decent times. I hope in the future you'll be able to optimize the development times and provide updates, especially the security ones, in a timely manner. The security patches are still the ones of April!

GrunHerz

Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:21 pm

The phone is not without faults, but I really like the phone, it, I only have to charge once a week now, which is totally awesome Colleagues are interested in this phone, but when I tell them that I still haven got any security updates.. Well they will just look elsewhere... Just bring out less new models (or use more standardized hardware) and focus on updates, it will give you so much more customers... Just look at Nokia...

MRUK
Topic Author

Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:51 am

blackview_admin wrote:

Its all very well saying when the bugs will be fixed but the source code for Oreo was released in August 2017. Well over 1 year ago. Now the source code for Android Pie has already been released.
To be honest the phone should have shipped with Oreo given the time of Oreo release and phone release. If Blackview say its coming soon then fine wait, but the phone was released 6 months ago so that should be ample time for you to  fix any bugs you have found and release it.
If you still have bugs maybe you should relase a beta version to get the community to help find and report such bugs.
If you expect people to continue to use Blackview phones and more importantly upgrade to newer models then you should try to keep the customers happy which includes updating the software regularly.

blackview_admin

Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:56 pm

We try to do our best ;)

MRUK
Topic Author

Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:10 am

blackview_admin wrote:
We try to do our best ;)

Come on man, thats not a particular good support answer is it "We try to do our best". I brought the phone under the promise that it would be updated to Oreo 'Soon' that was in May. Now im already thinking about what phone to buy next.
Why can you not give us a guide to when it will be ready rather than giving out sketchy answers all the time.

blackview_admin

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:49 pm

MRUK wrote:
Why can you not give us a guide to when it will be ready rather than giving out sketchy answers all the time.

Because development can't be predicted. Road maps get delayed, sometimes stopped, sometimes resumed. Too many variables to tell you a release date. I hope you can understand what i'm saying.... 

MRUK
Topic Author

Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:25 am

blackview_admin wrote:
MRUK wrote:

Because development can't be predicted. Road maps get delayed, sometimes stopped, sometimes resumed. Too many variables to tell you a release date. I hope you can understand what i'm saying.... 

Actually development can be predicted, i work in development myself and we always work by milestones otherwise it would be an absolute shambles, so Im sure Blackview do aswell.
We are not asking for an absolute date just a rough estimate of when we can expect a release whether that be 1 week, 1 month, 6 months or 1 year. A estimation is enough.
For example do you expect it to be released before Xmas?