Blackview User Forum

MRUK
Topic Author

Screen on time

Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:22 am

Im getting abouyt 16 hrs of screen on time for general surfing, not sure if that good or not considering the size of the battery so was wondering what other users are getting?

blackview_admin

Re: Screen on time

Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:19 pm

It looks ok. It is also related to the display brightness you set.
Surfing also drains some battery, and it also related to the browser you use. Many variables!

MRUK
Topic Author

Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:30 am

Thanks for the response.
Im thinking that we should be getting at least 20+ hours of SOT for this size battery which is why im asking other users what they are getting.
Dont get me wrong 16-17 hrs is still good and absolutely guarantees whatever you are doing you will make it through the day.

Im only they would hurry with the Oreo update as i understand that is up to 30% improvement on battery life.

walou213

Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:32 am

Actually i had seen a big improvement on my previous phone battery once samsung had released the oreo update, i don't know what feature is inside it but it definitely gave me a few extra hours.
not sure if it would work the same on this phone tho.

MRUK
Topic Author

Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:19 am

walou213 wrote:
Actually i had seen a big improvement on my previous phone battery once samsung had released the oreo update, i don't know what feature is inside it but it definitely gave me a few extra hours.

Unfortunately I dont think Oreo will come to this device, we keep getting promised but never happen. Always wait wait wait .. it was released last year and now we are on Android Pie :(

cerebro84

Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:09 pm

MRUK wrote:
walou213 wrote:

Unfortunately I dont think Oreo will come to this device, we keep getting promised but never happen. Always wait wait wait .. it was released last year and now we are on Android Pie :(

Yeah, I think this will be my last blackview phone. I mean, I'm happy from the manufacturing point of view, but not even security updates are released, and the community is M.I.A... :(