Blackview User Forum

jman0
Topic Author

Oreo ROM's showing up on Needrom

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:02 am

Hi.

I just received a notification email from Needrom. As I can see, two Oreo based firmwares for BV8000 Pro have already been uploaded there.

It says beta, so I guess it's not fully official yet. Or maybe you're launching a beta test program?

This is the link to it: https://www.needrom.com/download/blackv ... 000-pro-2/

Regards.

Santpj

Re: Oreo ROM's showing up on Needrom

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:53 am

Is it an "official" beta Rom from Blackview?
If yes, how to subscribe to this program of beta test?

blackview_admin

Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:40 pm

No beta test programs have been officially launched at the moment.
Guys, I wouldn't trust unofficial firmwares like this.
Just wait for the official one to come. You'll be able to help us debugging the official one in a near future ;)

rkolev

Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:50 pm

I tested the ROM at the link provided above and I must say there is one good thing about it - the flashlight when pressing the home button on the lock screen is working.

AleP

Mon May 14, 2018 5:37 pm

rkolev wrote:
I tested the ROM at the link provided above and I must say there is one good thing about it - the flashlight when pressing the home button on the lock screen is working.

But the what is the Android version shown in the settings?
If is 8.0.0 you can download and see works apps like substratum or apps reserved at Android O?
Oh and it is rooted?

jman0
Topic Author

Tue May 15, 2018 7:39 am

AleP wrote:
rkolev wrote:

If is 8.0.0 you can download and see works apps like substratum or apps reserved at Android O?
Oh and it is rooted?

It's 8.0.0 and it's definitely Anroid O, but not all things work well, because it's probably a leaked development version, not the final one. I found some apps not working (Google Play Store says they are incompatible). I also tried sideloadling the apk's, but they don't install, so they look truly incompatible. Something BV will have to address before releasing it.

It's not rooted, as it happens with all Blackview official rom's.

I'd only suggest using if you don't mind testing software, but it doesn't enter deep sleep, so battery usage is very high, some apps don't work, and it's not 100% stable yet (I guess that's why BV have not oficially released it yet). I'm using it everyday, but I'm used to testing software on pc's and smartphones.

BTW, the camera quality has improved significantly, as it takes photos with way less noise than before, and the hdr mode now makes a real difference, although the camera app is still a bit unstable.

AleP

Tue May 15, 2018 2:41 pm

jman0 wrote:
AleP wrote:
rkolev wrote:

Oh and it is rooted?

It's 8.0.0 and it's definitely Anroid O, but not all things work well, because it's probably a leaked development version, not the final one. I found some apps not working (Google Play Store says they are incompatible). I also tried sideloadling the apk's, but they don't install, so they look truly incompatible. Something BV will have to address before releasing it.

It's not rooted, as it happens with all Blackview official rom's.

I'd only suggest using if you don't mind testing software, but it doesn't enter deep sleep, so battery usage is very high, some apps don't work, and it's not 100% stable yet (I guess that's why BV have not oficially released it yet). I'm using it everyday, but I'm used to testing software on pc's and smartphones.

BTW, the camera quality has improved significantly, as it takes photos with way less noise than before, and the hdr mode now makes a real difference, although the camera app is still a bit unstable.

Wow, thanks for all!

dasiro

Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:23 am

still no updates on "soon" ?

blackview_admin

Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:31 am

dasiro wrote:
still no updates on "soon" ?

Nope.