Blackview User Forum

Pizzalover
Topic Author

Locked out of phone suddenly - it asks for "Privacy Protection Password"

Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:59 pm

Hi,

I have a Blackview BV9000 Pro F-HD that suddenly asked me for "Privacy Protection Password".

I traveled 2 hours by plane, and around 10 minutes after turning the phone on after collecting luggage, and checking my WhatsApp, the screen went black, and it asked for the code.

I have never set up a code or pattern, so I don't know any way to get into the phone.

Google says the phone is not online, despite that I type the correct SIM-Pin.

Is wiping of all partitions followed by forced firmware flash the only option here?

Phone has the Android 8.0 update and is running Malwarebytes Pro. No Facebook/twitter/instagrap or that stuff, only gmail and Whatsapp.

TL;DR: Phone locked itself - didn't set a code - now device offline since 8 days after travelling by plane.

Pizzalover
Topic Author

Re: Locked out of phone suddenly - it asks for "Privacy Protection Password"

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:58 pm

Ok,

Tried hard reset using buttons on device, wipe data and other partitions.  Still asks for Privacy Protection password.

Did a reset with NCK Pro Box at a phone shop-> Same result.  The tech guy was baffled that his reset procedure didn't work.  He said it was the first time he ever saw that phone was still stuck with a protection after a full flash and unlock.

Does any of you guys in Blackview have a tip on how to get my phone working again?

Thanks for any information.

blackview_admin

Re: Locked out of phone suddenly - it asks for "Privacy Protection Password"

Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:19 am

Pizzalover wrote:
Ok,

Tried hard reset using buttons on device, wipe data and other partitions.  Still asks for Privacy Protection password.

Did a reset with NCK Pro Box at a phone shop-> Same result.  The tech guy was baffled that his reset procedure didn't work.  He said it was the first time he ever saw that phone was still stuck with a protection after a full flash and unlock.

Does any of you guys in Blackview have a tip on how to get my phone working again?

Thanks for any information.

Hi, I've sent you a private message, please check it