Blackview User Forum

ravinery
Topic Author

Problem with Background Data

Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:59 am

I have a problem with the background data at my BV S8. It is a very nice and responsive phone and I am satisfied using it.
The problem manifests itself when I play a podcast even one stored on the device (already downloaded), when the screen turns off after a little while, the podcast stops.
So far I set at "Settings -> Data Usage -> Data Saver -> Unrestricted data access" all apps and system processes to unrestricted. In addition I set at "Settings -> Battery -> Battery optimisation" all apps and system processes to "not optimised". I've read in the internet that there should be a possibilty to set the "background data" to "on" at "Settings -> Data Usage", but I do not see this option in the menu. Can somebody help me please to fix this issue?
So far I set at "Settings -> Data Usage -> Data Saver -> Unrestricted data access" all apps and system processes to unrestricted. In addition I set at "Settings -> Battery -> Battery optimisation" all apps and system processes to "not optimised". I've read in the internet that there should be a possibilty to set the "background data" to "on" at "Settings -> Data Usage", but I do not see this option in the menu. Can somebody help me please to fix this issue?
Phone on android-7. ROM=V1.0-20171102.

Thanks in advance and appreciate your help.

blackview_admin

Re: Problem with Background Data

Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:07 am

Try to put the podcast player in the background task clear whitelist ;) The app gets closed after some time.

onekay007

Re: Problem with Background Data

Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:39 pm

I had the same problem very annoying... what I do now is load up your podcast or app like iHeartRadio. When the sound is playing I press the power button then unlock the phone via my fingerprint. Power off unlock power off unlock. I do this 3 or 4 times and bingo this seems to work for me. You might need to try this a couple of times but once it works you will get what I mean.
Cheers