Blackview User Forum

 
Aeron
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:47 am

Re: New ROM 20180522 on OTA

Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:45 pm

BV recommends to reset after each update. I'd rather prepare a reset (backup, etc) each time than risking loosing data because I didn't reset in a first place.
But I'm glad to know it appears to not be a problem for some users. I'll try to flash without reset next time (even if I backup just in case, not having to do the whole setup is still time saving).
I've not planned on using this phone as a secondary, I was forced not to use it as my main device because ROMs are not really stable/finished and I think it is a shame. 

Is there any plan to release files for 0522 update ? I see files for Android 8 are out...
 
blackview_admin
Posts: 4945
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 am
Contact:

Re: New ROM 20180522 on OTA

Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:55 pm

Aeron wrote:
BV recommends to reset after each update. I'd rather prepare a reset (backup, etc) each time than risking loosing data because I didn't reset in a first place.
But I'm glad to know it appears to not be a problem for some users. I'll try to flash without reset next time (even if I backup just in case, not having to do the whole setup is still time saving).
I've not planned on using this phone as a secondary, I was forced not to use it as my main device because ROMs are not really stable/finished and I think it is a shame. 

Is there any plan to release files for 0522 update ? I see files for Android 8 are out...

I use my BV8000pro as my primary phone every day since one year ;) ROMs aren't perfect, but definitely usable.
Development is going to the Oreo route....
 
Aeron
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:47 am

Re: New ROM 20180522 on OTA

Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:49 am

blackview_admin wrote:
I use my BV8000pro as my primary phone every day since one year ;) ROMs aren't perfect, but definitely usable.
Development is going to the Oreo route....

Maybe for your use, not for mine. Getting safety patches is essential in my work environnent, and I need stable BT. 
There are other things that bothers me, but its more a philosophy thing than a real problem.

Thanks it's good to have some insight on the choices made by BV. Does it mean there won't be flashing files for 20180522 update ?
 
blackview_admin
Posts: 4945
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 am
Contact:

Re: New ROM 20180522 on OTA

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:47 pm

Aeron wrote:
blackview_admin wrote:
I use my BV8000pro as my primary phone every day since one year ;) ROMs aren't perfect, but definitely usable.
Development is going to the Oreo route....

Maybe for your use, not for mine. Getting safety patches is essential in my work environnent, and I need stable BT. 
There are other things that bothers me, but its more a philosophy thing than a real problem.

Thanks it's good to have some insight on the choices made by BV. Does it mean there won't be flashing files for 20180522 update ?

Yeah, flashing files for 20180522 update are not going to be released, unfortunately.
 
Aeron
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:47 am

Re: New ROM 20180522 on OTA

Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:38 am

Thanks for the clarification.
 
AleP
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:26 pm

Re: New ROM 20180522 on OTA

Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:48 pm

Netsplitz wrote:
Current:
BV8000Pro-Blackview-V0.1_20170803_20180522-1555

Updated via OTA or flashed or local update?
 
User avatar
Rgaspar
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: New ROM 20180522 on OTA

Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm

AleP wrote:
Netsplitz wrote:
Current:
BV8000Pro-Blackview-V0.1_20170803_20180522-1555

Updated via OTA or flashed or local update?

local update

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests