Blackview User Forum

 
blackview_admin
Posts: 5629
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 am
Contact:

Re: [TRACKED] Local ROM update not working

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:45 pm

To take this thread back on topic, tech team is now aware of the local update issue. A fix may come soon.
 
User avatar
khaqanson
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:35 am
Location: Abu Dhabi
Contact:

Re: [TRACKED] Local ROM update not working

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:40 am

I have not been geting OTA updates after 20171011-0929 update. 3 days before I got latest update 20180105 and downloaded it atleast 5 times and each time result was "Downloaded Archive is corrupted ,Download the update again" . I did factory restore as well but of no use. And now when i check for update it says "you are already running on latest software". Strange.....

And for the Rom download and flash I already posted in that thread.
 
blackview_admin
Posts: 5629
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 am
Contact:

Re: [TRACKED] Local ROM update not working

Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:32 pm

khaqanson wrote:
I have not been geting OTA updates after 20171011-0929 update. 3 days before I got latest update 20180105 and downloaded it atleast 5 times and each time result was "Downloaded Archive is corrupted ,Download the update again" . I did factory restore as well but of no use. And now when i check for update it says "you are already running on latest software". Strange.....

And for the Rom download and flash I already posted in that thread.


The 20180105 OTA update has been stopped due to the battery charge issue it carried.
Update your device following our flashing tutorial :)
 
VADUS
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:42 pm

Re: [TRACKED] Local ROM update not working

Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:01 pm

Hi fellows,

I have recently tried to update my BV8000 on to OREO, but the both described methods are failed (local update ones). I've tried with flash card and with phone memory - result is the same. The phone reboots with the previous version of the system - 20170803_20180307-1950. As I have concluded from the post number 2 of this thread, I need to flash my device to make it 8.0. However, the checksum generator doesn't work with the official ROM version 2018062921 - gives back the fault result, may be because this is a local update version. Could you tell me, where can i get the flash-ROM for Android 8.0?
Thanks in advance,
Vadus.
 
blackview_admin
Posts: 5629
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 am
Contact:

Re: [TRACKED] Local ROM update not working

Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:46 pm

VADUS wrote:
Hi fellows,

I have recently tried to update my BV8000 on to OREO, but the both described methods are failed (local update ones). I've tried with flash card and with phone memory - result is the same. The phone reboots with the previous version of the system - 20170803_20180307-1950. As I have concluded from the post number 2 of this thread, I need to flash my device to make it 8.0. However, the checksum generator doesn't work with the official ROM version 2018062921 - gives back the fault result, may be because this is a local update version. Could you tell me, where can i get the flash-ROM for Android 8.0?
Thanks in advance,
Vadus.

As you can see from the original thread: http://bbs.blackview.hk/viewtopic.php?f=192&t=436084
If none of the 2 methods seems to work, please perform a downgrade to previous firmware versions as 20171219 and 20171227 and try again.
 
VADUS
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:42 pm

Re: [TRACKED] Local ROM update not working

Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:56 am

Yes, I also tried to downgrade on 20171219, but with the same result - the system reboots with the previous software release. Or do I need to flash it? Because I tried the local update to downgrade.
 
blackview_admin
Posts: 5629
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 am
Contact:

Re: [TRACKED] Local ROM update not working

Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:51 am

VADUS wrote:
Yes, I also tried to downgrade on 20171219, but with the same result - the system reboots with the previous software release. Or do I need to flash it? Because I tried the local update to downgrade.

You'll have to flash it. Local update works only to upgrade Android 7 to 8.
 
VADUS
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:42 pm

Re: [TRACKED] Local ROM update not working

Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:55 am

I've got it. Thanks for your help.
 
VADUS
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:42 pm

Re: [TRACKED] Local ROM update not working

Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:26 am

Thanks again, I've done flashing downgrade + local update to 8.0, and now everything is working great! Looks much faster, than it was on 7.0.
 
blackview_admin
Posts: 5629
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 am
Contact:

Re: [TRACKED] Local ROM update not working

Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:19 pm

VADUS wrote:
Thanks again, I've done flashing downgrade + local update to 8.0, and now everything is working great! Looks much faster, than it was on 7.0.

You're welcome! ;)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest