Blackview User Forum

 
CrazyWolf74
Topic Author
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:14 pm

[SOLVED] CHARGE ISSUE

Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:20 pm

Hi,
Since few weeks I have a problem when charging my phone..
The USB-C works only on one of the two sides.. I've tried with other cables which work with my brother's BV8000..
Nothing seems damaged on the phone..
I've tried to flash a clean version (20180124) but same result..
What can I do ?
Regards
 
blackview_admin
Posts: 5390
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 am
Contact:

Re: CHARGE ISSUE

Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:59 am

CrazyWolf74 wrote:
Hi,
Since few weeks I have a problem when charging my phone..
The USB-C works only on one of the two sides.. I've tried with other cables which work with my brother's BV8000..
Nothing seems damaged on the phone..
I've tried to flash a clean version (20180124) but same result..
What can I do ?
Regards


Did such issue happen just after a firmware update or suddenly? It looks like an hardware fault!
 
CrazyWolf74
Topic Author
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:14 pm

Re: CHARGE ISSUE

Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:48 am

Hi,

It's not linked to a firmware upgrade.. Yes it looks like an hardware fault.. What can I do ? I don't have any reparation center in my area...

Regards
 
Neville
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:36 pm

Re: CHARGE ISSUE

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:29 am

CrazyWolf74 wrote:
Hi,

It's not linked to a firmware upgrade.. Yes it looks like an hardware fault.. What can I do ? I don't have any reparation center in my area...

Regards


You'll need to purchase a new charging board on Aliexpress, and install it yourself. Admin will probably be able to find the post on this board that has the link to the part and the teardown video. The part is only around US$12.
 
blackview_admin
Posts: 5390
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 am
Contact:

Re: CHARGE ISSUE

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:37 am

CrazyWolf74 wrote:
Hi,

It's not linked to a firmware upgrade.. Yes it looks like an hardware fault.. What can I do ? I don't have any reparation center in my area...

Regards


Did you try to gently clean the USB-C port? It may be dirty.

If cleaning it can't solve your issue, as Neville says, you can try to replace the usb charging board by yourself, but remember that you may void your warranty with your seller. If you don't want to risk, or if you're not handy enough, consider contacting your seller to have your device replaced under warranty.

If you want to replace it by yourself, let me know and i'll post what you need here.
 
CrazyWolf74
Topic Author
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:14 pm

Re: CHARGE ISSUE

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:53 am

The USB port is clean.
Thanks Neville for your answer but I don't want to void my warranty...
I will contact again my seller to replace my phone.
 
blackview_admin
Posts: 5390
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 am
Contact:

Re: CHARGE ISSUE

Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:53 pm

CrazyWolf74 wrote:
The USB port is clean.
Thanks Neville for your answer but I don't want to void my warranty...
I will contact again my seller to replace my phone.


it is the best (and only) choice for your specific case.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests