Blackview User Forum

  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 21
 
paychi
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:40 pm

Re: [TRACKED] after update 20180105-1104 battery doesn't charge

Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:38 am

People please stop saying that maybe we all have dirty sockets or bad cables or chargers and PCs without drivers! My phone was fully working and I am always using original adapter and cable. Also I was succesfully flashing firmware via PC so all my drivers are OK.
Right after the update, phone is NOT charging anymore and NOT detected by any PC.
So OTA update bricked our phones! Thank you very much, Blackview!
 
ghost82
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:52 pm

Re: [TRACKED] after update 20180105-1104 battery doesn't charge

Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:41 am

Strange thing is that chtiot can hear a sound when connecting the phone to windows, so I can think of a driver misconfiguration.
So you can remove the installed drivers (if any).
If on windows 10, try this tutorial specific to this os, download the drivers from that thread and follow the steps.
Then try to flash from pc.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/elepho ... 4-t3267033

As suggested by admin, do not waste your battery!
Note that the flash is performed from a switched off mobile.
 
chtiot
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: [TRACKED] after update 20180105-1104 battery doesn't charge

Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:45 am

ghost82 wrote:
Strange thing is that chtiot can hear a sound when connecting the phone to windows, so I can think of a driver misconfiguration.
So you can remove the installed drivers (if any).
If on windows 10, try this tutorial specific to this os, download the drivers from that thread and follow the steps.
Then try to flash from pc.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/elepho ... 4-t3267033

As suggested by admin, do not waste your battery!
Note that the flash is performed from a switched off mobile.

i did exactly what it is explained but result is not good :
- drivers installation Ok, i had MTK USB Port
- uninstall MTK USB Port without deleting driver Ok
- connect switched off phone and have the cling-clong sound indicating new device is plugged but no Com port added

Now, phone battery is 9% charged...
 
ghost82
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:52 pm

Re: [TRACKED] after update 20180105-1104 battery doesn't charge

Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:06 am

Ok, I finished my ideas...wait for an official reply, and do not waste your battery anymore.
 
blackview_admin
Posts: 5635
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 am
Contact:

Re: [TRACKED] after update 20180105-1104 battery doesn't charge

Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:14 am

Because of this problem, we stopped the OTA distribution of this firmware.

As i previosly stated, for the moment don't waste your battery charge and please try to flash your device to the 20171227 firmware!


In the mean time, can you check if the device charges if you change side of the cable's USB-C head connector?
 
chtiot
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: [TRACKED] after update 20180105-1104 battery doesn't charge

Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:27 am

blackview_admin wrote:
Because of this problem, we stopped the OTA distribution of this firmware.

As i previosly stated, for the moment don't waste your battery charge and please try to flash your device to the 20171227 firmware!


In the mean time, can you check if the device charges if you change side of the cable's USB-C head connector?

it does not charge anyway :

- original cable + original usb-c adaptor + original charger : not ok
- original cable + original usb-c adaptor + non Blackview charger : not ok
- original cable + original usb-c adaptor on usb PC port : not ok
- replacement USB-C cable branded Blackview + original charger : not ok
- replacement USB-C cable branded Blackview + non Blackview charger : not ok
- replacement USB-C cable branded Blackview on usb PC port : not ok
- idem with non Blackview cable
- spaghetti, even with Ketchup : not ok too :lol:

not tried with an earthworm...
Last edited by chtiot on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
meldoxures
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:39 pm

Re: [TRACKED] after update 20180105-1104 battery doesn't charge

Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:54 am

How do I have to update the device to firmware 20171227 ?.

Is this done by local update?

I'm a bit scared, because when I previously updated to 20171227 the device was more than 2 hours updated.

Has anyone tried it, does it work?
 
blackview_admin
Posts: 5635
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 am
Contact:

Re: [TRACKED] after update 20180105-1104 battery doesn't charge

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:11 pm

meldoxures wrote:
How do I have to update the device to firmware 20171227 ?.

Is this done by local update?

I'm a bit scared, because when I previously updated to 20171227 the device was more than 2 hours updated.

Has anyone tried it, does it work?


You'll have to FLASH it.

Download the rom file from here:
viewtopic.php?f=192&t=213272&p=398849#p398849

and follow this simple flashing tutorial:
viewtopic.php?f=192&t=319505
 
meldoxures
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:39 pm

Re: [TRACKED] after update 20180105-1104 battery doesn't charge

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:39 pm

I find it very complicated, I can not install it on the sd card and then do a local update?
 
paychi
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:40 pm

Re: [TRACKED] after update 20180105-1104 battery doesn't charge

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:53 pm

blackview_admin wrote:
meldoxures wrote:
How do I have to update the device to firmware 20171227 ?.

Is this done by local update?

I'm a bit scared, because when I previously updated to 20171227 the device was more than 2 hours updated.

Has anyone tried it, does it work?


You'll have to FLASH it.

Download the rom file from here:
viewtopic.php?f=192&t=213272&p=398849#p398849

and follow this simple flashing tutorial:
viewtopic.php?f=192&t=319505


Again, this CAN'T be done because PC does not recognize connected phone! Even with correct drivers which (before this OTA update) were working and firmware flashing was working smoothly
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 21

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests