Blackview User Forum

 
User avatar
Chris_2017
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:32 pm

Re: [TRACKED AND INVESTIGATING, CULPRIT FOUND] Phone reboots (crashes) at night, startup sound will wake up everybody

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:15 am

blackview_admin wrote:
So this patch seems to work only in few cases.. good but not enought!
I'll forward it to the tech team!


It's almost perfect! I'm happy with it so far.
 
User avatar
Mike!
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:31 pm

Re: [TRACKED AND INVESTIGATING, ALMOST SOLVED] Phone reboots (crashes) at night, startup sound will wake up everybody

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:53 pm

What patch? I'm still using 201800105-1104.
 
McDonald
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: [TRACKED AND INVESTIGATING, ALMOST SOLVED] Phone reboots (crashes) at night, startup sound will wake up everybody

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:19 pm

Mike! wrote:
What patch? I'm still using 201800105-1104.


This one: BV8000Pro_blackview_20180124
 
blackview_admin
Posts: 4813
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 am
Contact:

Re: [TRACKED AND INVESTIGATING, ALMOST SOLVED] Phone reboots (crashes) at night, startup sound will wake up everybody

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:18 pm

McDonald wrote:
Mike! wrote:
What patch? I'm still using 201800105-1104.


This one: BV8000Pro_blackview_20180124


Exactly, time for flashing Mike! The 20180124 update was made to fix (or palliate) the reboot issue! ;)
 
malkavian
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:24 pm

Re: [TRACKED AND INVESTIGATING, ALMOST SOLVED] Phone reboots (crashes) at night, startup sound will wake up everybody

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:32 pm

i live in Canada Vancouver, recently i’ve been having crashes/reboot on my bv8000pro, i notice it only on the new internet routers that have been implemented by Telus, not sure yet with Shaw. but when i am connected through their wifi, ,y device crashes/reboots within the 10mins, sometimes right after it connects to the wifi. wondering if anyone else has this problem. it’s quite annoying not being able to download huge files or just browse using my device at home. also mobile connection isn’t so great when under roofs, but outside is usually okay, i’ve connected to other mobile hotspots/wifi to test out the reboots/crashes but none so far, just the telus routers it seems.
thanks for reading.
 
blackview_admin
Posts: 4813
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 am
Contact:

Re: [TRACKED AND INVESTIGATING, ALMOST SOLVED] Phone reboots (crashes) at night, startup sound will wake up everybody

Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:01 am

malkavian wrote:
i live in Canada Vancouver, recently i’ve been having crashes/reboot on my bv8000pro, i notice it only on the new internet routers that have been implemented by Telus, not sure yet with Shaw. but when i am connected through their wifi, ,y device crashes/reboots within the 10mins, sometimes right after it connects to the wifi. wondering if anyone else has this problem. it’s quite annoying not being able to download huge files or just browse using my device at home. also mobile connection isn’t so great when under roofs, but outside is usually okay, i’ve connected to other mobile hotspots/wifi to test out the reboots/crashes but none so far, just the telus routers it seems.
thanks for reading.


Just read above: the 20180124 update should fix this issue.
 
Santpj
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:28 pm

Re: [TRACKED AND INVESTIGATING, ALMOST SOLVED] Phone reboots (crashes) at night, startup sound will wake up everybody

Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:46 pm

blackview_admin wrote:
malkavian wrote:
i live in Canada Vancouver, recently i’ve been having crashes/reboot on my bv8000pro, i notice it only on the new internet routers that have been implemented by Telus, not sure yet with Shaw. but when i am connected through their wifi, ,y device crashes/reboots within the 10mins, sometimes right after it connects to the wifi. wondering if anyone else has this problem. it’s quite annoying not being able to download huge files or just browse using my device at home. also mobile connection isn’t so great when under roofs, but outside is usually okay, i’ve connected to other mobile hotspots/wifi to test out the reboots/crashes but none so far, just the telus routers it seems.
thanks for reading.


Just read above: the 20180124 update should fix this issue.


Well, i m on 20180105 and no reboot since this update
 
User avatar
Mike!
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:31 pm

Re: [TRACKED AND INVESTIGATING, ALMOST SOLVED] Phone reboots (crashes) at night, startup sound will wake up everybody

Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:49 pm

I will not flash. I will never flash. I hate flashing because I don't have the time (and am not in the mood) to install everything again after that.
 
McDonald
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: [TRACKED AND INVESTIGATING, ALMOST SOLVED] Phone reboots (crashes) at night, startup sound will wake up everybody

Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:30 pm

Last week I installed update 20180124.

On Saturday evening the phone rebooted after turning DuraSpeed on. After that I turned DuraSpeed off again.
On Sunday evening the phone rebooted again after which I did a factory reset. This caused a lot off reboots during the factory reset and reinstalling the apps. After a couple off hours working the phone was working and stable again.
On Wednesday evening I experienced the first reboot since the factory reset.
This Thursday evening the phone rebooted again after switching the wifi on. It did not reboot once but at least five times in row. After the fifth or sixth reboot I quickly turned off the wifi. The phone did not reboot anymore. After a few minutes I switched the phone off.Wait a few minutes again and switched the phone back on. During one of the reboots the screen was off and the phone did not respond to pressing any of the buttons. After a while it was starting again. Battery was at appr. 90% during these reboots.

Beside DuraSpeed I've also disabled the app BeautySnap. Both apps are turned off in "Network access control" too.

So far update 20180124 is not solving the reboot issue for me. Maybe this update needs some more fine tuning.

Is it possible to have the apps DuraSpeed and BeautySnap be removed with a next update?
Users can install DuraSpeed from the Play store if they want it and BeautySnap seems to be malware. If these two apps have been removed we can really exclude those two from the reboot issue.
Screenshot_20180109-094742.png
Screenshot_20180109-094742.png (104.81 KiB) Viewed 345 times


I've also experienced the phone rebooting with apps like Flickr and Twitter. The screen is frozen for 10-20 seconds after which the phone reboots.
 
jman0
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:47 am

Re: [TRACKED AND INVESTIGATING, ALMOST SOLVED] Phone reboots (crashes) at night, startup sound will wake up everybody

Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:10 am

Mike! wrote:
I will not flash. I will never flash. I hate flashing because I don't have the time (and am not in the mood) to install everything again after that.


Then, you'll never get any 100% bug-free device, and I'm not talking just about smartphones...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests