[Fist batch now shipping] Jack Adapter!

Aeron

[Fist batch now shipping] Jack Adapter!

Postby Aeron » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:30 am

Hello everybody !

I'm making adapters to use any headset on the BV8000 Pro. To see what they look like, please check pictures in the thread.
With these, you can use the headset you want, and they work with microphone headset so you don't loose any functionality.
If you are interested by one, keep reading :)

-------------------------------------------------------
Note to all: I can't see all posts. I can't answer every question. I got no notification for private messages or friend requests, so be comprehensive if I don't answer right away.

Here is how I'll make things work : I ordered the parts already. I'll make the adapters when I receive the hardware, and will send them by order of requests, according to the list below. I'll ask payments one by one, for each demand, just before I ship.

Price of 10€ is for one, all over the world. I'll combine shipping for multiples items, but shipping prices highly depend where you live, so I cannot tell you before I do a quote. I won't do quotes for every demand before hand (I'm not a professionnal seller, I don't have this kind of time).

Updated list (with status):

(S) tavas - 2 pcs
(S) jman0 - 2 pcs
(S) fabriprodrive - 1 pcs
(NR) shahardemos - 2 pcs
(NR) bonx49 - 2 pcs
(C) Phil - 1 pcs
(C) MB242 - 2 pcs
(C) kotta - 1 pcs
(W) tito.cascara - 1 pcs
(w) zivago - 1pcs

(C) : Contacted
(NR) : Not Responding
(A) : Answered
(P) : Paid
(S) : Shipped
(R) : Received
(W) : on the Waiting List
Last edited by Aeron on Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:54 am, edited 24 times in total.

alvarobb

Re: Jack Adapter solution FOUND !

Postby alvarobb » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:31 am

please give us the link

Targun

Postby Targun » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:32 am

Adapter is NEVER a convenient solution.

And why would you even post a topic if you don't have it ready yet?

shahardemos

Postby shahardemos » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:43 am

for sure we will like it. i also tried to find something, 17mm male to standard 15mm female, both sides TRRS, but i could not find one.
share the link to where your found it and the results of your test and we will be happy.

Aeron

Postby Aeron » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:42 am

I'm not talking about an adaptor I found. I just found the proper long TRRS jack.
I'll build a adapter cord for myself and was wondering if some people here would be interested in a homemade solution.
I'm not sure everybody likes an extension style adapter made by hand, which for sure wouldn't look like a factory made one.
Last edited by Aeron on Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shahardemos

Postby shahardemos » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:43 am

Thanks, I'm asking few ebay and amazon resellers to check if they can order 18 mm long male to standard female TRRS adapters... Maybe they'll manufacture several hundred... and we'll buy...

Aeron

Postby Aeron » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:50 pm

Please let us know, it would save a LOT of time ! (none of the adapter seller I've contacted were willing to make some)

hcf1511

Postby hcf1511 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:14 pm

I need an adapter so badly, so would be very interested in yours!

w1ldh0ney

Postby w1ldh0ney » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:26 pm

BV8000 Pro
I tried by cutting the plastic edge of a USB to USB-C cable, and a 3.5mm adapter. They seem to fit correctly, but unfortunately both failed.
They work properly with other devices.
I sent a support request to Blackview. Please encourage the solution by submitting solution requests. I think the necessary adapters must be provided by Blackview for free.

Robjf

Postby Robjf » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:47 pm

A quick and dirty solution that works well is simply to take a sharp knife to a suitable existing jack. I have done this several times - works great with cut iPhone headphones.

Does anyone know if the USB-C supports HMDI output on the bv8000 pro? I am tempted to trim a usb-c to hmdi to try it out so I can connect to screen using something other than chromecast

Return to “Service and tech”