Blackview User Forum

 
Morris_90
Topic Author
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:18 am

HELP - smartphone doesn't read SD card

Thu May 09, 2019 9:05 am

Recently i've formatted the SD card for storage issues, setting it as internal memory.
I've transferred the possibly transferible apps on the sd card a week ago, but now the system crashes the app and doesnt' recognize the card...
 
blackview_admin
Posts: 6466
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 am
Contact:

Re: HELP - smartphone doesn't read SD card

Thu May 09, 2019 10:33 am

Please check if there is some problems with your SD card, Just insert it into another phone.
 
phucannguyen99
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 09, 2019 10:34 am

Re: HELP - smartphone doesn't read SD card

Thu May 09, 2019 10:41 am

There are numerous of things you can do in this situation
1. Make sure that you have your card as FAT32 for 32gb or below and exFAT for 64gb and above (maybe considering to reformat it by your computer)
2. Try to plug it in another phone and see if its work.
3. Try to reformat the card in our phone after step 1.

Please post your any of your updates and concern below. Thank you.
 
Morris_90
Topic Author
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:18 am

Re: HELP - smartphone doesn't read SD card

Thu May 09, 2019 11:02 am

Neither the other smartphone recognize the sd card (Kingston device).
Is it beacause i've formatted it for the blackview?

I've found an old ScanDisk sd card, and it works. But now i have to reinstall all preferences and apps.

Blackview never stops to disappoint me. I'll choose another rugged smartphone brand.
 
blackview_admin
Posts: 6466
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 am
Contact:

Re: HELP - smartphone doesn't read SD card

Thu May 09, 2019 7:52 pm

Morris_90 wrote:
Neither the other smartphone recognize the sd card (Kingston device).
Is it beacause i've formatted it for the blackview?

I've found an old ScanDisk sd card, and it works. But now i have to reinstall all preferences and apps.

Blackview never stops to disappoint me. I'll choose another rugged smartphone brand.

Every phone encrypts the SD card used in it. If you want to use an SD card in another phone, you'll have to format it again. This behaviour can be found in EVERY phone brand. Nothing to do with Blackview ;)
 
Morris_90
Topic Author
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:18 am

Re: HELP - smartphone doesn't read SD card

Fri May 10, 2019 6:55 am

blackview_admin wrote:
Every phone encrypts the SD card used in it. If you want to use an SD card in another phone, you'll have to format it again. This behaviour can be found in EVERY phone brand. Nothing to do with Blackview ;)

The only other smartphone i've ever had, was a Samsung S3, and the SD card never stopped working.
And i hadn't to format the card to transfer some apps onto it.

Why i can't transfer all the apps, but only certain ones?

PS: After the factory reset, the blu led has begun to work again (it stopped blinking previously with no reason).
 
blackview_admin
Posts: 6466
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 am
Contact:

Re: HELP - smartphone doesn't read SD card

Fri May 10, 2019 11:10 am

Morris_90 wrote:
blackview_admin wrote:
Every phone encrypts the SD card used in it. If you want to use an SD card in another phone, you'll have to format it again. This behaviour can be found in EVERY phone brand. Nothing to do with Blackview ;)

The only other smartphone i've ever had, was a Samsung S3, and the SD card never stopped working.
And i hadn't to format the card to transfer some apps onto it.

Why i can't transfer all the apps, but only certain ones?

PS: After the factory reset, the blu led has begun to work again (it stopped blinking previously with no reason).

Using the SD card as an internal storage is not recommended, it may cause weird issues as you can see here:
https://www.google.com/search?q=sd+card+internal+storage+problem&oq=sd+card+internal+storage+problem&aqs=chrome..69i57.4719j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Using it as a portable storage is the best way.
 
Morris_90
Topic Author
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:18 am

Re: HELP - smartphone doesn't read SD card

Fri May 10, 2019 6:22 pm

blackview_admin wrote:
Using the SD card as an internal storage is not recommended, it may cause weird issues as you can see here:
https://www.google.com/search?q=sd+card+internal+storage+problem&oq=sd+card+internal+storage+problem&aqs=chrome..69i57.4719j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Using it as a portable storage is the best way.

So I can't use the storage as i would like.
Perfect.
You really make me feel as a pride costumer of this brand.
 
blackview_admin
Posts: 6466
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 am
Contact:

Re: HELP - smartphone doesn't read SD card

Sat May 11, 2019 9:56 am

Morris_90 wrote:
blackview_admin wrote:
Using the SD card as an internal storage is not recommended, it may cause weird issues as you can see here:
https://www.google.com/search?q=sd+card+internal+storage+problem&oq=sd+card+internal+storage+problem&aqs=chrome..69i57.4719j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Using it as a portable storage is the best way.

So I can't use the storage as i would like.
Perfect.
You really make me feel as a pride costumer of this brand.

This isn't a brand related issue.... just open the link i posted.
In every Android phone (of every brand!) using an SD card as an internal storage may lead to weird issues. 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest