High power use of the WiFi chipset

mvdwege
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:27 am

High power use of the WiFi chipset

Postby mvdwege » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:33 am

Hi,

I am very happy with my new BV7000 Pro so far, but I did notice that whenever WiFi is on and used regularly, the battery drains faster than I am used to. My previous phone was a BV6000, and I ended the work day usually with some 60-70% battery remaining. The 7000 regularly drops to below 30%.

And it is the WiFi, as the battery settings page reports it as the #1 power user, and turning it off dramatically increases battery lifetiime.

Is this a normal consequence of the new 5G chipset, or will this be fixed in a driver update later on?

blackview_admin
Posts: 1916
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:30 am
Contact:

Re: High power use of the WiFi chipset

Postby blackview_admin » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:05 am

Hi, you can try to update the currently version on your phone to see if can solve this problem.

Dsm0210
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:30 am

Re: High power use of the WiFi chipset

Postby Dsm0210 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:41 am

Same problem solution please!!!!!!!!

Dsm0210
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:30 am

Re: High power use of the WiFi chipset

Postby Dsm0210 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:42 am

Same problem solution please!!!!!!!

Dsm0210
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:30 am

Re: High power use of the WiFi chipset

Postby Dsm0210 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:44 am

Same problem solution please!!!!!!

Dsm0210
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:30 am

Re: High power use of the WiFi chipset

Postby Dsm0210 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:10 am

The problem was solved with the BV 6000 update to android 7

Dsm0210
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:30 am

Re: High power use of the WiFi chipset

Postby Dsm0210 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:12 am

And anyway apart from the battery and then also data connection always solved by switching to android 7 on bv60000

mvdwege
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:27 am

Re: High power use of the WiFi chipset

Postby mvdwege » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:38 am

Hi admin,

Current firmware version is BV7000_PRO_Blackview_20170411-172021; the phone downloaded and installed this when I took it out of the packaging, and it reports no newer version right now.

@dsm0210 Switching to Android 7 on a bv6000 is obviously not a solution.

Dsm0210
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:30 am

Re: High power use of the WiFi chipset

Postby Dsm0210 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:11 am

@ mdvwege I don't know but the problem was solved

RichardGhval
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:51 am

High power use of the WiFi chipset

Postby RichardGhval » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:24 pm

I tried low and high ones, but still the same. I will try some other DAW.
WELLNESS Комплекс «Мультивитамины и минералы» для женщин More info>>>


Return to “Service and tech”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests