Blackview User Forum

pfavayi
Topic Author

Systemless root and TWRP

Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:38 pm

BlackView P2 comes with a stock recovery through which you cannot install anything.
Root is attained through a signed internal SuperSU binary.

I would like to install TWRP custom recovery so I can install my own root method - magisk systemless root - which is by far superior to SuperSU.

Where can I get TWRP for BlackView P2 ?

I would suggest a Magisk systemless root method in the following upgrades /releases of Blackview P2 and other BlackView phones.
You can use Google's Safety net or play Pokemon go or use any other feature that does not work on rooted phones if your root method is systemless like as provided by Magisk.
Through the Magisk app you can also install very useful modules - like the application systemizer - it makes an application behave like it has root without you giving it root - hence safety is greatly increased.

ocultos

Re: Systemless root and TWRP

Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:22 pm

I tried posting a link for you, but it got deleted by the mods because they say it's "pirated software" (which it isn't, really, but whatever). Try the forum at 4pda.ru. They've got a thread which has what you need. You'll need to register in order to download. If you're not a Russian speaker, good luck with the captcha challenge when registering. Took me a while to get through. ;)

Bernie_W

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:50 pm

pfavayi wrote:
BlackView P2 comes with a stock recovery through which you cannot install anything.
Root is attained through a signed internal SuperSU binary.

I would like to install TWRP custom recovery so I can install my own root method - magisk systemless root - which is by far superior to SuperSU.

Where can I get TWRP for BlackView P2 ?

I would suggest a Magisk systemless root method in the following upgrades /releases of Blackview P2 and other BlackView phones.
You can use Google's Safety net or play Pokemon go or use any other feature that does not work on rooted phones if your root method is systemless like as provided by Magisk.
Through the Magisk app you can also install very useful modules - like the application systemizer - it makes an application behave like it has root without you giving it root - hence safety is greatly increased.

Here you find the TWRP. I use it and it works perfect:

https://www.android-hilfe.de/thema/blackview-p2-root.818116/#post-10388130

pfavayi
Topic Author

Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:11 pm

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Here you find the TWRP. I use it and it works perfect:

https://www.android-hilfe.de/thema/blac ... t-10388130
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The link you provided is for twrp 3.0.3
I am on Android 7.0 nougat on my BlacView P2 and nougat requires twrp 3.1 and above ...

When i installed this twrp 3.0.3 throught flashify apk , many applications on my phone (blackview p2) started crashing, including google play services and google play . The phone was basically unusable ...
I had to reflash ...

Twrp 3.0.3 worked well with android 6.0 masrhmallow

Do you have twrp 3.1 and above ?

pfavayi
Topic Author

Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:15 pm

I installed my twrp 3.0.3 using "flashify" an app from the google play store (of course it requires root !!)

Did you install yours by a similar method ? If wso , which ?

Bernie_W

Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:22 pm

pfavayi wrote:
I installed my twrp 3.0.3 using "flashify" an app from the google play store (of course it requires root !!)

Did you install yours by a similar method ? If wso , which ?

But that should work anyhow. I used it in Nougat already. I went back to MM, as I can use Xposed there. I did do it the following way. On MM I had TWRP. I flashed N without overwriting Recovery. All was working. It is important to clean dalvik and cache. Then I restored MM via my TWRP.

And try to avoid Flashify.

pfavayi
Topic Author

Private mesage - ocultos

Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:42 am

ocultos - I sent you a private message . Can you look at it please

ocultos

Re: Private mesage - ocultos

Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:05 am

pfavayi wrote:
ocultos - I sent you a private message . Can you look at it please

Sorry about the late reply. I'm unable to respond to your private message as I've only just registered; "We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature."