Hy, I have the same problem, actually there is no sound on ear-speaker when making or receiving a call.
The phone is with original Android 6.0.
Is there a solution?
Hi ptech_ro and tarun,
I am sorry for the misunderstanding, I was wrongly referring to the headset.
Well, it could be of course a HW defect of the cable connecting to the earpiece, which would require you to return to the dealer, which is certainly not easy in tarun's case.
- Maybe you can check the following in first place. On other brands I have heard that the noise reduction can cause this issue, which were Mediatek devices as well. For this go to your app drawer and look for Phone. After starting it, press the three dots and choose settings. Then chose calling accounts and remove the checkmark for Noise reduction.
- In some rare cases also some apps can cause such problems, like call recorders or other that require access to the earpiece. A exhaustive method could be to freeze those apps temporarily in you apps section and see if it makes any differences.
- Please also perform a factory reset after saving your data and clean the caches. It can be that some left over app is still active in the dalvik/art. Worth a try at least. You could follow this: http://bbs.blackview.hk/viewtopic.php?f=171&t=333179#p590710
for the cleaning of caches.
The cleaning should also be done additionally then performing a factory reset.
- When on Marshmallow (Nougat isn't supported anymore by Mediatek) Engineering mode you can have a look at the engineering mode by installing an app called MTK Engineering Mode from Playstore and post the parameters in the hardware section for Speech enhancement and Volume/Voice for NB and WB so we can see if there are any suspicious values.
- As a last try - in case this is somehow related to 4G voice, you could also disable IMS support in Settings/More/Cellular networks and inside there disable Enhanced 4G LTE Mode.
If all of the above do not work or lead to success, then my guess would be really a HW defect.