Now, if any of you were silly enough to try to OTA update without unrooting your phone you will find that you may be stuck with the phone rebooting into TWRP recovery if you have indeed installed it. (This is what I did, for the second time).
I thought I would put the below up because I seem to run into the same issues every time due to forgetting to unroot my phone before updating.You will find that you can't switch off the phone. Here's what to do.
Flash the ROM onto your phone..
- To switch off the phone, hold down the power button and the volume up button, and the volume down button all together. Keep holding them down until the phone switches off.
- You will now need to flash the latest firmware onto your phone using Smart Phone Flash Tool
Download the latest version 30-03-2018 ROM and using the smart phone flash tool reflash the rom onto your phone. If you want to save all the data one your phone (and Apps)UNTICK 'USER DATA' ..
Switch the phone off , hit download on the Smart Phone Flash Tool, press down on the Volume down(-) button, and connect the USB to your phone. I have seen several
sites instructing you to hold down the volume up button to connect, which is blatantly wrong.You will then need to reinstall TWRP recovery and SuperSU if you want to root your phone.
A few things worth noting when doing this.
Rooting the phone.
- Download and place the TWRP recovery zip file and place it somewhere accessible on your PC. Unzip the zip file.
- Also download the SuperSU zip file and place it on your SD card in your phone (unzipped). (this will be used for rooting your phone later on)
- Using the Smart Phone Flash Tool, navigate to the scatter file in the TWRP recovery pack (remember that you unzipped this TWRP pack into a folder on your PC somewhere).
- Make sure only 'recovery' is ticked in the Smart Phone Flash Tool main screen.
- Select download on the Flash Tool.
- Make sure your phone is turned off. Then.. hold down the volume down(-) key while connecting the USB cable which is connected to your computer at the other end.
- A red bar will move along the bottom of the Smart Phone Flash Tool, then a Yellow Bar will follow, eventually it will complete downloading (see the next step).
- Once the Flash Tool gives you the OK (White tick in a Green Box) the installation is complete. You can now disconnect your phone from your PC.
- To boot into TWRP recovery, press down the Volume up(+) button and the power button together. Hold them down.. When you see the Blackview logo appear, release the power button and keep holding down the volume up (+) button until the TWRP recovery screen appears (this worked for me).
- When the TWRP recovery screen appears you will notice that you cannot select the screen by touch.. You will need to attach a mouse via an OTG cable. If you find the mouse doesn't connect as it should.... unplug the OTG cable, connect the mouse to it, then plug the OTG cable into the phone. Works every time.
If you are not sure your phone has been rooted, download an app called 'Root Checker' and run it. It will tell you if the root worked or not!That's it! I hope this helps someone.
- Swipe the screen bar (at the bottom of your phone screen) to unlock the screen, then select install.. Navigate to the SuperSU zip file on your SD card and select it. Once selected you will need to swipe the bar at the bottom of the screen to install SuperSU.. Once SuperSU is installed, your phone should be rooted.