Ok, I tried it because I wanted to flash my phone anyway because of other reasons. So to answer some of the questions that have come up:
* The problem with capacitive buttons is finally FIXED, hooray!
* no "glove mode" any more (but we knew this for the newer ROMs)
* touch screen works perfectly fine
* the user interface is very snappy, great
* minor optical changes, all of which look nice to me
* The ROM is Android 7, with Kernel version 3.18.35, and security patch level of June 5th, 2017
* It still shows "Build Number BV6000_Blackview_V01_20170412" (by mistake, obviously)
* of course, like always after flashing, root and custom recovery are gone and have to be re-flashed if wanted.
* Google bloatware is installed again (Duo, Hangouts, Play Music, Play Movies & TV, Gmail) - I wished there was a way to remove them without rooting
* from using it for an hour or so, I haven't stumbled over any new bug - but that of course doesn't mean it will be bugfree.